Chapter 25: Some Advice

I walked out of the restroom, processing my thoughts. I need to talk about this with someone other than Satsuki... I thought. I searched through my mind of who I could talk to. Haku.... The name flashed through my head. Might as well. I looked for her around the campus until I found her after 20 minutes. I don't know why.... But she was twitching her head every few seconds.
"Hey Haku." I call. She turned and smiled, jerking her head slightly.
"Hiya! What's up?" She asked.
"Can we talk for a sec?"
"Sure! Ah HA!!" She shouts instantly.
"Um... Are you alright?" I asked worriedly.
"Oh! Hehehehe.... Yeah I'm fine. I just have" She paused, "Tourette's Syndrome."
"Tourette's Syndrome?" I question.
"Yep-" She began but jerked her head roughly to the side. "It's a condition... Where my body does things I can't control. When I jerk my head or shout something, it's called a tick, which usually happens when I'm alone. But enough about me! What'd ya wanna talk about." I hesitated slightly, but I told her everything. About the tumor... About the restroom... About Satsuki. Haku stared at me for quite a while, but she burst out in laughter.
    "Haku, what the heck?"
    "Hahahaha! Sorry, sorry! You lucky ducky!" She chirped, her head twitching.
    "Lucky ducky?" I asked.
    "You got Satsuki at your knees!"
    "That's not-"
    "She loves you, Ryu. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself you should just thank her!" She explained. I looked down slightly and laughed. I never thought of saying thank you..... How stupid.
    "I'm so dumb..." I muttered and got up.
    "Yep! Well go, shoo!" Haku encouraged and pushed me away. I ran as fast as I could to the dorms.
    Two simple words would have made such a difference and I never thought of them.

                                        Thank you....