Chapter 27: The Call

6 months came and went by as fast as the blink of an eye. Satsuki and I haven't had any problems within that time. I eventually recovered from my mom's death with no break down episodes throughout the span of those 6 months. Everything was peaceful, Satsuki got into an advanced astronomy class and I'm now in neurological studies. One day, she and I decided to go out. Satsuki and I were walking through the park together, holding hands.
    "Hey Ryumi?" She asked.
    "Yeah?"
    "Can we go to the cherry blossom?"
    "Uh sure. Why?"
    "No reason."
    So we went. We walked about 3 blocks to the cherry blossom and we sat down.
    "How tall are you?" She inquired.
    "Oh.... I'm 5"9." I replied.
    "Holy shet...." Satsuki marveled. "I'm only 5"4."
    "Shorty." I joked. She nudged my shoulder but laughed. I wrapped my arm around her and I suddenly felt a vibration coming from her pocket.
"Oh. Someone's calling me." She said. She picked up her phone and answered. "Hello? Yeah..... Yeah.... Uh-huh... What?" Her eyes began tearing up. "Okay.... Thank you..."
"What happened?" I asked worriedly. She rested her head on me and took a long breath.
    "My mother..... She's in a diabetic coma...." She whispered. I tensed and wrapped my arms around her.
"Oh.... I'm really sorry." I said.
"I-it's not your fault." She stammered. "But... She lives in America and I... I just have to be with her." I held back tears and I hugged her tighter.
"I understand, Satsuki. Go with her." I whispered. She sobbed and hugged me back. The cherry blossom once again stood over us when we were distressed, and the rain sprinkled gently over us. I didn't want her to go, I didn't want us to be separated, and with her mom being in a coma, who knows how long it'll be until we see each other again. It doesn't matter, though, I have faith that her mom will get better and we'll be together again.