Do you remember that one part of Night..?

(Before we start does anyone out there know any happy, upbeat songs that just hearing makes them smile? Yes, no? Please tell me them here ----->)

On that note, let us begin.

So you guys remember that novel we read for class?

Night?

And do any of you remember that one part with Juliek and his violin?

And how when Elie woke up and Juliek was dead, his violin broken?

Well, fuck you if you don't.

For my class, we had to write a response about how that scene made us feel.

I put a video of music up top. Watch it, just listen as ya read or ignore it all together.

Just bear with me folks.

And just a fair bit of warning: 

don't forget to breathe.

 -=+=-

IT BEGAN with a chorus of unfamiliar harmonies, rushing through my veins like a shot of adrenaline. A heart that danced alone to the melody of the dead and tears fallen from my eyes for a man I have never met.

I HAVE wept. I have sobbed and choked on my tears for someone I would never know. For someone who had his life stolen from him. I wept and I cried and I called to whoever was listening.

"why?"

WHY DID this have to happen? Why did God abandon all of these people? Weren't these His people. Did these people not call Him father? How can He watch all of this happen? How can He watch as His children burn?

I HAVE no idea if there is something as complex as a God or not. But if there is, I know one thing for certain:

he doesn't give a fuck about us.

HE JUST watches, from his holy throne, high above us all. He just watches as we tear each other apart, brother fighting brother. He just watches as His people, His children burn. He just watches. Forever silent. 

as this world tears itself apart on a violin's broken strings.