36 || mexico

xena
dawson
aliyah
kevin
sara
bethany
chloe

***

Dawson sat down, panting. Kevin beside him, breathing heavily and wiping off some sweat. People were partying and dancing, well, he never had a party this big before. I mean, he only celebrates with the girls and Kevin, nothing else. So this was new to him.

"Well, that was fun!"

Dawson then remembered what Kevin did.

"Kevin..."

Kevin's head snapped towards his best friend.

"Huh?"

"Cereal..."

Dawson glared at him playfully.

"Uh, oh right! I'll go get your present! One sec!" Kevin told him, then quickly got up and ran somewhere far from the birthday boy.

"I don't think he'll come back with the present."

"I don't think so too."

Dawson recognized that voice. It was her voice. His mood immediately brightened.

"Xena!" He got up and hugged the girl wearing a lime green dress, her hair styled in a side braid. She smiled and hugged him back.

"I didn't know you missed me that much, Creamy." She murmured, still smiling. And Dawson's response was just extending their hug to one more minute, hugging her tighter.

"Daw-son, too- t-tight," Xena managed to stutter.

"Oh shoot, sorry." And he let go, disappointed. I wanted to hug her longer, he thought.

Then Kevin barged in the picture.

"HEY, BESTIE! WHY?!" Kevin scolded, staring at Dawson.

"Oh hey, Kevin. What do you mean by why?"

"Hi, Kevin!" Xena waved.

"I SAW YO- oh, hi, Xena! Anyways, ahem, I SAW YOU! YOU HUGGED HER SO TIGHT! WHY CAN'T YOU HUG ME LIKE THAT?" Kevin really did look upset.

"Oh, uh, you see, Kevin, I-"

"HOW DARE YOU! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!"

"Wha-"

"Hey, there, there, Minion."

Sara patted his back. Kevin looked at his girlfriend.

"But, Sar? He-" Kevin pointed to Dawson, while he just stared and Xena, over there, was giggling, Kevin continued,

"HE HURT ME!"

Sara laughed, "It's okay, come on, I know the perfect friend-zone remedy."

Kevin crossed his arms like a child.