Immediate Discrepancies Found

April was glad when Michael left the doorway. Something about his stare made her nervous. It was as if he were a soul eater. Not in a bad way but one she just was not comfortable with. She was a human being not something to be devoured. Michael didn’t just stare at you but through you it seemed. Turning her attention to the task at hand she looked at the number from two months prior and could see this was where the actual breakdown and discrepancies were. Double checking them against the receipts and supporting documents April found that the numbers where quite large.

 Pouring the first reciepts onto the desk and looking at them a mental picture of a problem with the acounts and money miissing or documented wrong

Cash

Accounts Receivable

$100,000

$36,000

$21,200

$15,300

28,500

60,000

32,900

17,600

15,300

19,100

4,000

19,100

5,000

3,470

$20,430

$5,900

Office Supplies

Prepaid Rent

$17,600

$36,000

5,200

$22,800

$36,000

Equipment

$80,000

$80,000

Liability Accounts

Accounts Payable

Notes Payable

$17,600

$17,600

$20,000

5,200

$5,200

$20,000

Utilities Payable

Unearned Revenue

$2,470

$4,000

1,494

$3,964

$4,000

Equity Accounts

Common Stock

$100,000

$100,000

Revenue, Dividend and Expense Accounts

Service Revenue

Dividend

$28,500

$5,000

54,100

$82,600

$5,000

Wages Expense

Miscellaneous Expense

$19,100

$3,470

19,100

$38,200

$3,470

Electricity Expense

Telephone Expense

$2,470

$1,494

$2,470

$1,494

April : Michael! Michael! Can you come in here.

April couldn’t believe some of the balances in writing in the ledgers or the ones that were screen shots form there account so much was missing and the numbers didn’t match. The images she looked at did little to ease her worried mind as she sifted through the mounds of receipts and ledger entries and data.

Michael: What is the matter? He hurried into the office looking a bit flustered. Is everything alright?

April; Not really Michael. There are missing documents and money transfers don’t match the only ledgers I realize this isn’t all of it yet but you have your hands full here. I’m going to have to go to the very beginning when you took over for your father.

Michael: I’ll get them right away. Will this be a problem for FDIC and the inspections?

April: As is yes? This is direct violation of Sarbanes-Oxley but I can fix it and bring it up to their guidelines provided I can see everything from the beginning. I need the missing pieces here too. They have to find them. See here, look at the numbers and ledgers.

 April begins to sort the accounts recievable from payable in hopes of finding a clearer picture.

Michael; looked at the ledgers and number. The receipts and then he pulled out the documents for their clientele and what should have been across the board easy to see and read was a jumbled mess.  I’ll get Rebbie and Latoya on it immediately and maybe too they can explain some of these numbers and discrepancies. It’s their writing. I’ll get them right now.

April; Okay please because otherwise we will never be ready in time. April turned her attention back to the ledgers and documents.

Michael; Rebbie, Latoya..NOW!!!! He slammed the door.

The two woman looked at each other like what the hell. They got up from their desks and walked over to the office. Both walking in and closing the door. Michael was so pissed at them at the moment but he was trying to be calm. When they closed the door that is when Michael’s barely controlled anger was unleased.

Michael; WHO THE FUCK?? WHERE ARE THE DOCUMENTS FOR THE MONTHS OF FEB AND MARCH OF THIS YEAR? WHY IS THERE SO MUCH MONEY MISSING OR UNACCOUNTED FOR? AND WHO SAID YOU COULD USE OUR CLIENTELE’S MONEY TO GO TO VEGAS??!! YEAH, I KNOW ABOUT THAT. JUST DIDN’T KNOW IT WAS SOMEONE ELSES MONEY! YOU BETTER GET THE RECIEPT AND MISSING DOCUMENTS INTO APRIL’S OFFICE WITHIN THE HOUR OR I WILL FIRE YOU! YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU ARE MY SISTERS I CAN’T?? GUESS AGAIN!! THIS ISN’T ABOUT BLOOD OR FAMILY OR FAVORS OR LOVING YOU!! IT’S ABOUT BUSINESS AND THE FACT YOU USED MONEY THAT WAS NOT YOUR EVER TO USE.

Latoya; If dad were here we wouldn’t be accused like this. Michael you are evil.

Michael; If dad were here we’d be closing our doors already. Now I love dad, but I’m not stupid. You want a job and to carry on the family business. Legacy and good name, then you need to produce it.. NOW!! Get out of my office and find them

Rebbie: That’s not fair! We did the best we could then and now. We work long hours to make your stupid ass look good. So fuck you Michael! She turns and storms out of the office

Both girls are fuming but they know if the receipts and money don’t turn up they are in trouble in more ways than one. Both have been skimming off the top to fund their lavish life styles out outside of the Brokerage house..

Latoya’ Rebbie we are screwed. Michael’s on the hunt and it’s our asses.

Rebbie; well no maybe not but one thing is for sure is if the Bitch he just hired didn’t come or go back that fare we’d still be queen bitches here. We ‘d be in control of money and styles and grace and Michael’s wallet.

Latoya; We got to get even with her. Both woman looked at each other and laughed, they would get April back and out of the way before she ruined it all and Michael got too close to her fucken smart ass and number crunching.