Protection And Love

Michael;  Sssshhhh.. I got you… I got you!! I won’t let anyone hurt you! He whispers in her ear.

They hear a car screech away outside. Michael takes April into his arms and rocks her. They could hear sirens coming. Michael is so upset he couldn’t stop this from happening. He knew that hypothetically there was nothing he could do. The attack was sudden but he felt so deeply for April, like he had never felt before for anything that anything that could harm her he wanted to stop, to protect her from it all. Michael loved April so much that it was heartbreaking to not be able to shed light on to who or why? Loved? Yes, loves Michael thought. I am in love with her. The question is, does she love me. First, we find out who this is wanting to hurt her and why, then I can focus on us. Maybe?. A soft smile touches his lips as he holds her.

Knock! Knock!

Michael;  Who is it?

Detective Smith: I was just wrapping up the hit and run incident when the call went out shots fired at this address. I recognized it from the Hit and Run so I came over. I am arranging for police protection for you both until this is over. Now I will ask you again. Is there anyone who you could see doing something such as this. They are escalating their attacks and it is imperative we have all the information we can gather.

April; No, I honestly don’t know. I’ve told you all I know. No one in my past, no grudges, no current issues either that I know of.

Detective Smith;  No subtle threats or innuendos?

April: No, I’m a number cruncher, who wants to attack a number cruncher. We are the most unnoticed of all. April cries into her hands

Michael takes her in his arms and hold her. Looking around at the devastation of April’s home. Then he looks at the detective and the officers and sees them going about their business to collect evidence.

Detective Smith; Is there some place you can stay a few days until we figure out who could be wanting to hurt either of you?

Michael; She’ll be at my home. 8822 CoalwoodDriveCenturyCity.

Detective Smith; Okay, Mr. Jackson? Writing address down, then looks at Michael. Is there a number we can reach you at just in case we have more questions?

Michael; Yeah, 323-442-7874

Detective Smith; Okay got it. I’ll leave Officers Daniels and Rogers with you. They will be with you both at all times. I think it would be wise for you both to leave here as soon as you can and get her to your place. If you think of anything please give me a call. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to follow up with the CSI’s. 

Officer Rogers, is there anything you need us to help you with? I have already spoke to the clean up crew. Once CSI is done they will board up your windows and secure your home until you can get back and make actual repairs.

April; wiping tears and shaking; Okay thank you. Looking at Michael.

Michael: looks at her lovingly. I’ll help you get stuff together love, come on. He takes her hand. smiling and gently squeezes.

April: Let’s go. Walking into the bedroom she pulls out a suitcase. Then puts it on the bed.

Michael; I’ll grab your personal items from bathroom and stuff. Do you want anything else from the house? I’ll go get it.

April packed quickly and efficiently. No Michael. I’m okay. I have what I need here in the bathroom and my room. Thank you, she smiles.

Michael smiled back. Okay. Let me grab the bathroom.

When April was done she looked at Michael. He walked over to her held her and kisses her forehead. Taking the suitcase from April’s hand he gently takes her other one and they walk to his car. Inside the car, Michael makes sure April is comfortable and they head to his home.

CENTURY CITY……..

Michael; Here we are! He smiles.

April; Michael, it’s beautiful! She glances around.

Michael; Here, I’ll show you around. Turning to the officers, I have a guest room you can stay in if you wish. He pointed to the room. Make yourselves comfortable. I’ll take the sofa and you April will take my bed.

April. Michael, I  ca-

Michael; touching a finger to her lips, you can, and you will. I insist. Smiling softly, Come on. I’ll show you around. This here is the kitchen. Michael walked to the hall and showed April the guest room and bathroom and then took her to his room and showed her were she can put her clothes and hang them up.  You want to shower first?

April; okay. I’d like that. I.. she burst into tears.

Michael stepped forward and held her in his arms. It’s okay. It’s okay. No one will hurt you I swear it! We have police right outside but I will not let anyone hurt you my love. Not ever again. Holding her tenderly but firmly.

When April was more calm Michael helped her to go into the bathroom and set things up for her. He want to leave the bathroom.

April:  Michael? She said softly. I.. stay.. please.. tears were in her eyes.

Michael; smiled softly. Okay. I’ll stay right here.

April;  Thank you.  She pulled the curtain and proceeded to shower. Crying in the shower again. Hoping the water hid her tears.

Michael heard her cries and went to her. He didn’t care about the water that was going to wet his clothes, he didn’t care that she was naked. All he wanted was to comfort her. Wrapping his arms around her she grabbed onto him. Michael couldn’t help it. He kissed her. At first he only meant it to comfort, but she felt so good in his arms and April was so beautiful. His heart ached for April, but now wasn’t the time. Right now April needed a protector, not a lover.

April responded to his kisses with deep ones of her own. Michael’s clothes were soaked and she tried to remove them from his body as they stood kissing in the shower. She started by removing his jacket, and shirt revealing a bare chest. April thought he is so sexy, she didn’t realize it until now. What a perfect body. Their kisses became heated as Michael was fighting to keep his arousal from becoming too noticeable. He didn’t know that April already noticed and was aroused herself. This wasn’t the time and place but she needed to feel him. Needed to be in his arms and feel loved. April wanted him to love on her even if it was just for tonight. Michael’ wanted to take her here and now. Looking down at her, his eyes full of love.

Michael; I- I love you.