21. Clearing It Up

SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE AN

read on...

I stared at her in shock. She was a mess. A total an utter wreck. It's kind of hard to describe, actually. She was crying, yes but it was more than that. It was like that empty expression she had which hurt me. It didn't matter whether she'd been a bitch to me before. She was just a girl. A girl at her worst.

"Hey, come in," I said, ushering her inside and then handing her a glass of water. I waited for a while for her to gather herself.

"You're probably surprised why I'm even here," she said, her voice steady but her expression broken.

"Yeah I kind of am."

"And you probably hate me. But you still let me in and you're being so nice to me. God, I'm such a fucking bitch. I mess every single thing up," her voice though once monotonous and flat began to break again.

"Don't say that. You're not a bitch. Just tell me what happened, okay?"

"It started three years ago. I had received this drunk message from an unknown number. I replied and then we fought at first. Soon, we got close. I met him once too and fell in love with him. I decided to meet up with him and tell him I loved him. I was ready and when I saw him, he was really happy. So was I, at first. Then he told me that he had finally started dating the girl he loved. That girl was you." Lana's voice hadn't faltered. She spoke with a flat, monotonous voice, completely devoid of emotion. That somehow made it worse.

"And then," she continued. "I said I felt sick and left. I didn't message him again. He didn't even try to message me. He didn't care about me. A few months later, when I was still kind of sad, you came. I had been healing but seeing you reminded me of what an idiot I had been to fall in love with someone who didn't care about me. And I hated you at first. Later, I guess it just became me trying to get a guy to break your heart like he broke mine. I blamed you. But I couldn't blame you. It's not your fault people love you. You're sweet and nice and not a slut." This was when her flat voice began to get some emotion and she broke off.

"Oh, Lana," I said. "You're not a slut. You've made a few bad decisions but it's not your fault you're judged and branded. Besides, it's kind of sad that people judge others on their virginity and pressure anyone who isn't a virgin to sleep around. I'm sorry you need to go through all of that. And I'm sorry I judged you too."

"Stop. Don't apologise. I don't deserve it. I was a bitch to you. Heck, you helping me out is good enough."

"Do you want to tell me what happened today?"

"I was at a party. I got drunk. I kissed a few guys. One guy tried to..." her voice broke again before she regained her composure.
"And I said no and he said "I thought you were the easy one". He just threw it out there like it was casual. And it hurt. It hurt so fucking much, Hailey."

"Oh, Lana, I'm so sorry," I repeated, feeling nothing but pity for the amazing girl who hid behind a cold facade. "Do you want to stay over tonight?"

"Are you sure you wouldn't mind?" She asked me a little uncertainly.

"Sure," I said with a grin. "You can borrow something of mine to sleep in and we can go to school together if you want."

"We'd be like bestays!"she said, with a fake excited voice.

"Oh. Em. Geee!!" I replied.

"But seriously, Hailey, thanks a lot."

"No problem, Lana. Don't mention it." There was silence for a while after that. It was safe to say she'd already drifted into a deep sleep. The poor girl definitely deserved it.

A/N

Announcement:
Sooo remember some number of chapters ago I said I'd write a prequel? Guess what it's about!! LANAAAAA!!! Yayy! So it's going to be abt her and Austin and how she gets her heart broken. But don't worry, I'll give it a happy ending! And it's going to have some chapters in the form of texts and phone calls but most in a third person POV abt Lana.

And now to the normal authors note:

What is wrong with my italics? Anyway, long rant on slut shaming coming up in 3 2 1

Okay, so I had planned this scene out from the beginning. I hate slut shaming but I decided to make Hailey a stereotypical wattpad girl and brand Lana a slut and then realise her story. In the next chapter, there will be a little abt what Hailey learnt. Also, I despise slut shaming. Just because a girl wears something tight or short does not mean she's asking for sex. And if a girl does like having sex it's perfectly fine and doesn't make a fucking difference. As long as they use protection though. My point is, a girl shouldn't be judged based on her clothes or confidence. Most girls step out looking gorgeous and feeling beautiful until a guy catcalls and calls her BODY hot and other girls look at her, Roll their eyes and mouth 'slut'. But she just thought she was pretty. And she was confident. Until a few words shattered that confidence the effect words can have one people...

Another announcement:
Okay so basically my mom is super strict and takes away my iPod when I have school aka anytime that's not a vacation. I don't even get  it on weekends. Which means that she may take it tomorrow and you guys may not get an update soon (ironic cuz I made you guys wait so long for this one but that's not my fault)

And:
Why this update was late:
I had updated fm my computer but it hadn't been published completely and I lost my draft and rewrote the chapter today so I could post it before I go MIA if I go MIA.

Quote-
Keep your friends close so you have someone to drive when you sneak over to your enemy's house and throw up in their mailbox
- Jace Herondale

Song recommendation

It's such a beautiful song excuse me while I cry.
*ten minutes later^
I'm done *wipes one last tear*
Wait whys my bold off *snaos fingers*
Yay it's back now. And I thought I'd give another song recommendation just cuz

I love this song so much. I needed more tissues. And theses something wrong with my bold thingy yay me.

Ugh tomorrow's school and I'm so fucked wish me luck

Love you guys!! Comment and vote pweaseee
Xoxo
Anu.

PS: this is for Marvel fans. I saw it and died laughing.