Chapter 43

"We're sorry for what happened."
The boys all nod in agreement. I looked around, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't trust them, after all I almost died two times from my kidnapper. Still crying, I yell at Jack.
"You lied!"
I throw my hands in fury and look at all the boys.
"You all lied! How can I trust you now!"
They now got the idea I was angry. You could tell their stomachs stank with regret; they understood.
"It's not just Aspen we have to protect you from."
I looked at Zach with confusion. The four boys whipped there head around, not in confusion like how I was, but anger.
"She wasn't supposed to know that."
"Know what."
I wasn't asking a question, I was stating something to them.
"Nothing!"
Corbyn yells, obviously trying to hide something from me.
"Wow, saying your gonna protect me- but now your hiding things I should know."
"Angel, that's not true."
Jonah's voice echoed in my mind, I was extremely confused, I was lost. Before I can question him, Jonah explained further.
"Were trying to hide it, so we can protect you."
Instead, as always, Jonah confused me even more when he tries to explain it to me. I stood there confused as ever. Jack stands up and holds out his hand, signaling for me to grab it. I proceeded to take the offer and he gently lifts me up. I turn to Jonah and proceed the conversation. He rests his hand on my shoulder.
"Please, just trust us Angel."
I look up to him, I didn't nod nor did I shrug my shoulders. He gave up on getting a straight answer from me. He moves his hand from my shoulder and moves from the door. It was late at night, but I didn't feel like sleeping, I walk down the stairs to see no one. It was only me and the moon tonight.