Wrong (Part 7)

A/N: I don't really... have anything to say. Hope you like this part!

Warning: none??

Getting to your English lecture the following week was gruesome for you. You took a seat in the back, surprising Dave who was already heading to the front. He stopped in his tracks and looked at you with his brows raised. "What's going on with you?" He asked, moving over to sit beside you in the back. "Aren't you excited to see professor Evans again?" He nudged your shoulder which only earned a punch to his arm. He whined and massaged the hurt spot.

You took out your notes and books and set them on the table as you waited patiently for the lecture to start. You ignored all Dave's attempts to pry information out of you about what happened with your and professor Evans's tutoring session. You remained silent, not wanting to say anything since you were afraid the thoughts wouldn't stop.

You heard the door open at the exact time as the class was scheduled to start and you adverted your gaze to the desk in front of you.

"Good morning, everyone." Chris's voice sounded much more monotone than usual which made you lift your head up to look at him, seeing him looking tired as ever. "Hopefully you've all had a relaxing weekend." He sighed and dropped some papers on his desk. "If you've had a rough weekend then—" he stopped talking as he lifted his gaze from his desk and looked in front of him at the seat you usually sat in. His brows furrowed and he started looking around the room, searching for someone until his gaze fell on you. The look on his face changed into a sad one and you rolled your eyes and looked away from him, tapping your fingers on the wooden desk in front of you. "If the weekend was rough, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that we will be watching a movie today. I do expect you to write an essay about it and I'll give you the instructions while you're watching the movie."

He put on the movie and started walking around the classroom, handing out papers to everyone. As he got to you, you crossed your arms and kept your gaze steadily on the movie. You noticed him stand beside your desk a while longer and placing the paper on your desk a lot slower than anyone else's. You pursed your lips and refused to look at him as he moved to hand out the rest of the papers.

You heaved a sigh and looked at the paper seeing that he had written something in the top right corner. You leaned in to read it and noticed that it said 'Meet me after class'.

You looked up at Chris to see him already looking at you. You huffed and went back to watching the movie or at least tried to.

***

"Okay, class, I expect you all to give me your assignments by next week. Thank you, we'll see in two days."

You stood up quickly and were about to step out of the door until you heard Chris call out to you. "Miss Y/L/N," he said, making you turn around. "A word, please?" He asked and motioned you to go up to him.

You obeyed and walked up to him, crossing your arms in front of him, waiting for the last of the students to leave the classroom. "What did you want to talk to me about, professor?" You asked as calmly as you could, swallowing the lump in your throat.

Chris raised a brow, taking off his glasses and setting them on his desk before placing his firm hands on the wooden surface and pushed himself up. He circled the table, leaning against it as he looked at you, crossing his own arms as well. "You know exactly what I want to talk to you about."

You gulped, fidgeting slightly as your gaze fell down to the floor. "You're right... Sir."

You could see Chris shaking his head from the corner of your eye. He let out a sigh and pushed himself off of the desk, walking a bit closer to you. "I thought you were calling me Chris now."

"Well, you called me miss Y/L/N, so..." You pointed out, shrugging. You looked up at him, seeing a slightly sad look on his face. "Besides, calling someone by their first name implies intimacy between them and there clearly is none here," you said, waving your hand between the two of you.

"Clearly?" He asked, almost laughing dryly. "Is it really that clear to you? Because it's not clear to me."

"Professor..."

"Something happened," he said reaching a hand out to you, pressing it on your arm. "We need to acknowledge and discuss it."

You looked down at his hand, seeing the wedding ring on his fourth finger. You quickly looked away and shook your head. "No," you said weakly, "we really don't." You pushed his hand away, taking a few steps back while running your hand over your forehead. "We should just forget anything ever happened. It was a mistake and we—"

"Yes, it was." Chris agreed with a firm tone in his voice. "It was a big mistake."

Ouch, you thought. You completely agreed with him but hearing him say it out loud sent a hurtful pang to your chest.

"It can never happen again," you whispered, looking straight into his blue eyes. For some reason you were getting slightly angry. You weren't sure why but you noticed your jaw clenching along with your fists at your sides.

"Never," he agreed, nodding. Suddenly his strong facade came tumbling down and he looked at you almost pleadingly. "Please don't think of me differently after this. I'm really adamant to just make this better and put this whole thing behind us."

Well it didn't seem like that when you had me sitting on your desk while sucking my face off.

"No, yeah..." You said, gritting your teeth. "I get that." You sighed and placed a hand over your forehead. "I should... go." You started walking towards the door as fast as you could without seeming like you were running away.

"Y/N, wait!" You heard Chris call out to you but you ignored him. "Y/N!" You heard his firm voice say as you neared the door. You stopped in your tracks and ignored the shiver you got from hearing his demanding voice.

You turned to him. "What?" You asked quite harshly.

"What's wrong?" He asked gently. "Is this not alright with you? You do understand that we shouldn't... let this happen, don't you? You're a student, I'm a professor and a married man and I can't jeopardize—"

"No, I get that," you said with a scoff and turned towards the door again. "I'm very much aware that you don't want anything to happen between us. You don't have to explain yourself. Really, Chris, it's fine."

You opened the door but felt a firm hand on your arm. He turned you around and you looked up at him with your bottom lip between your teeth to stop yourself from saying anything you'd regret.

"Please don't let it end like this, by running away," Chris pleaded with those damn blue puppy dog eyes.

"Can it really end if it never really started?" You asked quietly.

"Please," Chris begged, ignoring your latter comment.

"Chris, let me go," you whispered with a small shudder. You looked into his eyes and saw the worried look behind them. He looked like he was deeply troubled by the situation.

"Chris," you said quietly, swallowing the lump in your throat. "Let me go, please," you repeated quietly, looking down at his hand on your arm.

"Please don't think of me differently after this. I'm still your professor and don't want things to be uncomfortable with us."

"It's all good." You assured him. "Seriously," you said with a fake smile and pushed his hand away. You turned to the door and started walking away quickly, refusing to look back because you were sure he was standing still, looking at you walking away.

Happy birthday avxngers !!

Sorry this is a bit of an angsty part, maybe not angsty but definitely not the happiest or the most exciting. It's not really ideal for a birthday... hope you liked it, anyway!