Being a kid

6 years ago
I was 8

"Soda catch me!" I yelled jumping off the swing. He caught me as I laughed.
"So how was your day at daycare string bean?" Darry asked.
"Good we colored and took a nap then watched Charlie Brown"
"Sounds like fun!" Soda giggled.
"Wheres Ponyboy" I asked curiously.
"He went home early today because he got sick." Johnny said sneaking behind me and putting me on his solders
"But mom is home and dad is still at work" Darry smiled as we walked home.
"Mom I'm home!" I yelled as Johnny took me off his shoulders.
"Hey kid how ya been" Dall asked me throwing me the football. "Fine. why you home early?"
"Because some one and I'm pretty sure we could all guess who did a cherry bomb in the bathroom today at school." My mom said putting plates on the table.
"Sorry Mom"
"Well I know you really will be sorry when they stop calling me from your school telling me you did something wrong" she rose an eyebrow.
"Sorry mom" Dall said again looking down. Dall always called her mom cause he was always a part of our family. Mom found him at the grocery store trying to get food. We don't want him to sleep on the streets so he just lives with us. We all get along well.
"Well any way how's pony felling?" Johnny asked.
"He's fine Johnny he just needs some rest." She smiled.
Steve walked in.
"Soda!" He yelled tackling my older brother.
"You will never guess who likes me?"
"Who?"
"Anna stoner!"
"No way" Soda smiled.
"Who's that?" Two bit asked walking in. The birds jaws dropped. My mom just kept giggling.
"Just some chick they like" I rolled my eyes.
"Alright come on guys its dinner time. You boys want to stay tonight? We are having lasagna." She smiled.
They all stayed and had fun conversations. Mom was always fun. She loved us all like her own. Dad finally came in. "Hey boys hey String bean!" He smiled. I waved cause my mouth was full.
"So how's Ponyboy?"
"He's doing better, taking a nap" my mom replied.
"Oh honey um im going to Margaret and Tom's house there having a BBQ" our family friends are always having BBQs and fun parties.
"Oh I'm gonna come. Darry can u watch them for the night"
"Yes ma'am" he replied.
They grabbed there coats and gave us hugs and kisses. "Alright no sugar,no yelling too loud,no jumping on the beds too much and don't stay up to late and Johnny cake are you staying here tonight?" My mother asked politely. He just nodded silently. "Well I better get home Steve you comin?" Two asked as Steve nodded and they said goodbye.
"Bye everyone good night" my dad yelled. Once the door closed it opened again
"Oh Dallas don't shave Mrs.lous cat again" she said trying not to giggle.
"Fine" he smiled
"Alright good night love you guys"
Then they left and I never saw them again. But I remember everyone crying and Dally just started being mean. They told me that they got in a auto reck. I cried for about 2 weeks and was always sad. From there my brother Darry had to look out for us. He was only 16 and Soda was 12 and me and Pony were just 8.
Me and Pony aren't twins our birthdays are just a few months a part. Dally left us one day. Told us that he was tookin in by a guy named buck. I didn't like him he was a drunk. But Dally was 14 and wanted to make his own decisions. By then Darry found a job that payed well but sometimes not well enough.