Darry

DARRY POV

"Hey you guys ready?" I yelled at the gang. Man they took forever. We were all getting ready to suprise string bean at school. One of the staff told me the other day that the after school help program was gonna have an award ceremony. I just figured she didn't tell us or somethin. Im really proud of her tho. She has done so well.
"Alright let's go!" Soda yelled.
"Wait where Johnny?" Ponyboy asked looking around.
"Hey I'm here what are y'all doin?" He said walking in through the door.
"We're gonna surprise string bean at school. Her program is having an award ceremony."
Johnny then looked sick.
"Oh uh I don't know Darry maybe she didn't tell us for a reason" he said nervously.
"Na she'll be surprised that's all" we then all started walking out and driving to the school. We went to the school stage room and saw all the kids there. Where String bean? I looked all over the room and so did the guys but Johnny didn't seem the littlest surprised she was missing. "Hey where the hell is String bean?" I asked keeping a close eye on Johnny. They all kept looking but then I saw Johnny get bright red. "Johnny do u know where she is?" I asked looking at him. He hesitated then looked at me .
"Ya I do" he frowned. "And it ain't here" he said looking down.

Johnny POV
I felt bad. Real bad but they new I knew so there was no way to hide it. Sides this is Maria's last night so what can they do tell her she can't start coming here anymore? Eaither way I stalled telling them where to go. I took them in every wrong direction I could. "Dammit where we goin johnny" Darry asked getting fustrated. I couldn't do this all night so I just told him where we were goin and got us there. We walked in to see her on stage performing. She was amazing. We all were amazed Steve and soda were even smiling and two butt was just drinking picking up girls to dance with him and Dallas had a look on his face of what the hell is happening. But that look never changes. Then Darry looked angry but surprised. Everyone loved her but as much as I could see Darry shocked I could tell he was also disappointed.