Selfless: Chapter 9

"Care about people, not what you want from them, but what you can give them, and you will have all you want."

- Chip Esajian

Selfless: Chapter 9 (Not Edited - will edit later)

"You want to know a secret?" Jenna Rink asked looking over to her best friend Matt.

"Yeah." He whispered looking at her.

"You're the sweetest guy I've ever met." She whispers back looking sincerely at him. He gave her a small smile in return.

"They are so going to end up together!" I gushed snuggling closer to Darcy.

Darcy rolled her eyes. "Of course they are! We have seen this movie almost a million times. Every time you came to my house we would watch it."

          I pouted. "13 Going on 30" is my favorite movie of all time. The story plot is so sweet and sometimes sad, but it mixes together well. The best things come in small passages basically. After shopping for a few more hours after eating we decided to return home. Since the boys weren't back and Tracy was nowhere to be found, Darcy and I decided to rent a movie and of course I picked out this one. She picked some other movie that she seemed very interested in. As much as I love this movie I was slowly falling asleep on Darcy's lap. That is until four boys rudely barged into out room.

"Ladies we are back to claim what is ours!" Kane yelled jumping onto Darcy's bed.

"Kane!" We both yelled kicking his back.

"What are you ladies watching?" Eli asked sitting down on the chair near the bed.

"13 Going on 30." Darcy answered for the both of us.

"Ah my sister's favorite movie." Jason said catching my attention.

"Jason!" I yelled getting up to hug my brother. He accepted my hug and I noticed Kevin was behind him smiling.

Darcy groaned. "How many times did she make you watch this movie?" She asked my brother.

"A million times." He groaned also.

I laughed pulling away. "You guys suck, really." 

"Emily I need to speak to you." My brother said when I turned to sit back down on the bed next to Darcy. "And Kevin."

          The room went silent. Even the movie paused. Slowly I turned around and faced my brother who gave me a small smile. I nodded walking past my brother and past Kevin to walk out the room. When both of the most important men of my life walked out the door Jason took the lead and showed us to the room he is staying in. He swiped the card and the door to his room opened. I expected to see Tracy there, but I didn't. I started to have my suspicions, I'm afraid for my brother. 

"So I spoke to Kevin today." Jason spoke. He sat down on one of the beds and I decided to sit across from him. Kevin on the other hand decided to keep standing. "He told me that he fancies you."

I blushed looking down at my hands. This was so awkward to speak to my brother about Kevin. "I know." I nearly got out.

"I have no problem with it, just as long as he doesn't hurt you." His eyes aimed at Kevin for this sentence and he nodded.

I looked at him. "Don't you want to know how I feel?" I asked him.

His eyes focused back on me. "I see the way you have been looking at him Emily. I was just waiting for the two of you to speak out. Are you two girlfriend and boyfriend yet?" He asked.