Selfless: Chapter 5

"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero."

- Marc Brown

Selfless: Chapter 5 (Not Edited - will edit later)

|Jason's POV|

          I walked into the kitchen where I saw Emily laughing as she was trying to make chocolate cake. Her cute button nose was filled with flower and her cheeks were filled with chocolate. I folded my arms leaning on the door way. My sister looked so care free and happy. A smiled appeared on my face when she dropped the spoon on the floor and picked it up to use it again. My sister wasn't like other girls which were one of the main reasons why I love her.

She looked up at me smiling. "Stop leaning on the frame like you are a cool kid and help me out. Today is daddy's birthday and I want it to be extra special this year." She said.

I moved from the door frame a walked towards her. "And how are you going to make it 'extra special'?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, "By you helping me out silly. Daddy loves when I give him cake so what if we both gave him cake together?" 

I picked up the spoon she dropped and put it in the sink before grabbing a new one. "Good point. Now we are going to start with using clean spoons that never touched the floor." I said handing her the clean spoon.

She laughed taking the spoon and giving me a small peck on my cheek. "Love you brother." She giggled as she started on a new batch.

_______________________________

"Mate?" I heard a heavy Australian accent interrupt my mini flashback.

             My eyes snapped towards Kane who was the only member of the group looking at me as the others went out on the stage to check the mikes for tonight's performance. Right now we were in England for our world tour which started a few weeks ago and it has been amazing. Although a part of me felt guilty, for the fact that my sister wasn't here and was stuck with my parents instead. It was weird that she couldn't talk to me or even Skype me. When I always texted her he would end it quickly. The same goes when she was speaking to Kevin. I couldn't help to feel something was wrong ever since I woke up today and has been killing me. 

I stood up from the sofa shaking my head. "Yea sorry." I responded out of breath a bit.

"Are you sure? You seem a bit pail." 

I was about to respond when Kevin and Eli came back into the room. "Yeh should have seen him! He almost blew out the speakers!" Kevin said laughing.

"It was you!" Eli screamed hitting Kevin in the back of his head.

I couldn't help to smile. I loved these guys. They were like family to me. "Alright guys! Come sit with me. Let's watch football." I said sitting back down on the sofa.

"You mean American football Jason." Kane said rolling his eyes and sat on the love chair besides Eli.

           I laughed turning on the TV and flipping through the channels to find an American channel that had football on. When we found it they all yelled stop and glued our eyes to the screen. I looked around the screen to see who were the two teams were, but then the game got cut with breaking news and all the guys groaned besides me. I recognized the news man from Florida. He was talking, but I couldn't hear him. My eyes were looking at the background at the burnt looking red car. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Give me the remote damn it!" Kevin yelled snatching the remote and putting up the volume.

"Just a few hours ago there has been a deadly car crash on highway 95 in Florida. It seemed like a family of three women and a man was leaving Florida for a few days, but wasn't lucky enough. We got news right now that three people are confirmed dead and one is alive with critical condition and is being driven to the hospital at this very moment. We also just got in that the four people were..." He stopped looking down at the paper he held in his hands.