Selfless: Chapter 4

"Never blame anyone in your life. Good people give you happiness. Bad people give you experience. Worst people give you a lesson and best people give you memories."

- Unknown

Selfless: Chapter 4 (Not Edited - will edit later)

yes, another year later

I sat there listening to my professor talk about the system of our body. I would be lying if I told you I was entertained by the way the professor was talking. The truth is I was already about to pull my hair out being frustrated with this boring day. Looking all around the room I could tell each and every one of them was happy to be here besides me. I would give up anything to get my way out of this stupid university. It offered me nothing in what I originally wanted to do. Angrily I began tapping my pencil praying for this to be over sooner.

A hand stopped my movement with their hand. I looked over to see Lina one of the girls I befriended was the one who stopped me. "Emily if you don't stop I swear I am going to break your pencil." She whispered.

I sighed looking back at our professor still talking. She removed her hands from my pencil and I felt an urge to do something funny. Biting my lips I threw my pencil across the room hitting my professor's head. Everyone started laughing and my professor looked towards me. I bit my lip harder trying to hold in my laughter. He looked like he was about to explode with anger. His face turning red as he narrowed down is staring towards me.

"Miss. Evans, please see me after class." He says then turned back to talk again.

After that the class ended in no time. Linda usually walks with me home, but since my professor needed to talk to me I told her it was okay that she left. I stood seated until the whole room left and it was just me and my professor. Getting up I walked forward and sat to the seat closest to where he was standing. His eyes searched mine as he walked closer to me. I watched as he took a seat and moved it over so that we were seated face to face.

"Do you take college seriously Miss. Evans?" He asked me in a serious tone.

I sighed, "Of course I do!"

He shook his head. "Then why are you always throwing pencils at me?!" He yelled.

Okay so this wasn't the first time, but it was sure the funniest.

"I don't want to do this! I don't want to become a doctor! My parents want me to and I am trying to make them happy by doing this." I admitted.

He stood quite as he observed me a bit more, then he finally said, "You're not happy." I was about to ask him what me meant, but he went on. "What I mean by that is you're not doing what you want. You need to stop doing what others want you to do and do what you want. If you do that you will be happy."

I shook my head, "I like seeing people happy. I want them to be happy when I do something for them."

He stood up from his chair. "You are what matters, no one else. It's alright to do something for someone once and awhile, but if it's going to affect your life and how your life then it's not worth it."

My professor and I left it at that note and I left the university to go home. On my walk there I could help, but to think if I would have told my dad no he would have been beating me every single day. So I rather go to medical school for him feeling emotionally hurt than being emotionally and physical hurt at the same time. Arriving at my house I saw an unfamiliar car parked outside my house. Walking towards it I looked through the window to see if I can guess who it belonged to. My heart wanted it to be my brother's car, but when I saw a Vogue magazine I knew it had to belong to a woman.