The Storm

"My name is Clover Clearwater," she knelt down to her knees, "I mean you no harm. I just want to meet you. To know if you are real."

"I'm real," the boy with the tattoos said lowering his staff and the other boy lowered his boomerang, "You don't have to kneel."

She looked up at him, "Then please take me as your student. I have learned all I can on my own. But I know there is so much I still need to know."

"What do you mean? My student? I'm an air bender that is all I know right now. I'm sorry I don't know the other elements yet," Avatar Aang frowned.

Clover took a deep breath in and used air bending to help her stand up straight, "I am an air bender too," The other boy lifted his boomerang again, "Please I mean no harm I swear," she held up her hands.

The flying Bison walked up to her, 'New human? I don't know. It doesn't look harmful and she is an air bender.' He sniffed her, 'yep I like her' he licked her.

She smiled, "Why thank you, Appa," She petted him ignoring the slobber he left on her.

"I think we can trust her," Aang said walking up to her.

Clover bowed, "It is an honor to meet you Avatar Aang," she looked up at him.

"How are you an air bender?" Aang started to walk towards her.

"Aang, watch out she might be fire nation," the other boy said grabbing Aang's shoulder.

"Sokka, come on you going to say that every time you meet an air bender," the girl said.

"He is not wrong," Clover looked up at him, "I was born to the fire nation. But I have not lived in the fire nation for seven years now."

They all took steps away from her, and raised their weapons again, "See Katara, it is just a trick," Sokka said.

"No tricks. You can trust me I do not follow the fire nation's logic. It is wrong. That is why I ran away," she said holding her hands up, "I thought I was the next avatar given that my parents are water benders."

"But you are an air bender?" Aang tilted his head.

"Yes, that is why my parents taught me everything about water bending and even had me sit in on a fire and earth bending lessons. I know all about every element but air. Everything I know about air bending I have taught myself," she stood there calmly, "Please I just want to know how to properly air bend."

"She wouldn't be the first friendly fire nation person that we have met," Aang said.

"Aang you don't get it she could be lying," Sokka said not lowering his weapon.

"Please I mean you no harm," she stepped towards them.

"Don't come any closer," Katara said bending water out of her container.

"You're a water bender?" Clover took a step back putting her hands up.

"Ha, a fire nation scared of a water bender?" Sokka laughed at her.

Clover looked at him, eyes narrowed, "You do not know my passed you do not get to judge my actions," she pointed at him taking a step forward.

"Say back," Katara shot a stream of water at her.

Clover bent her elbows putting her hands in front of her face one above the other palms out. Then closed her hands striating her arms out still her one hand above the other. She opened her fingers and spread her hands out to her sides. Splitting the water from hitting her, "What the hell was that for? I was not going to attack!" She yelled at her.