Chapter 16

"I wait for the postman to bring me a letter
I wait for the good Lord to make me feel better
And I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders
A family in crisis that only grows older"

-LL

----------------------

Narrator:

A lot had happened the day before Luna finally a woke. While Teresa was trying her best to escape from Mexico,which she eventually did.Everyone else was prepare for the upcoming war was approaching between the cartels. Well mostly from Epifano, Luna's biological father. When Camilia and Epifano finally meet up in Mexico, he confessed to his wife, his true intentions involving Luna. He did want his daughter back but he also wanted to destroy Camilia's business that she has going on in Texas. While James is too busy trying to find Teresa before Camilia finds out the trust of her betrayal and control things between Luna and his unborn child and the fact that is girlfriend is already getting tired of the life they have together, but eventually somethings work out for him in the end like eventually Teresa comes back but is secretly working behind Camilia's back in order to protect herself,Luna,Brenda and Tony from the life that they are currently in. By doing that she must find a way out. But little does she know that Camilia isn't gonna let Teresa walk out with Luna, just like that.

Luna's Pov

When I woke this morning, it was different from all the mornings I have ever woked up from. Well simple because this morning, I woke with the greatest urge of throwing up, and I through up alot. But that's not the only thing I noticed different, My room, It had alot of medical equipment. But why, what happened to me? I started to look for my phone but couldn't find it. No where. But as I tried to get out the bed I failed to notice the iv attached to my left hand. I was to scared to unattact it so I grabbed the damn thing and got out of my room. I need someone to explain this too me. Why was everythings different. But as I walked around, I noticed that nobody was home, not even the guards so I decide that the best place I can find answer is from either Camilia,Teresa or James but I really hoping that I don't have to ask James. So I got in my blue jeep, the one Camilia gave me, when I started going on my solo mission.But I had to get in the car with the whole damn iv equipment pole . I drove as fast as I could to the warehouse, but when I got there, I quickly got out the car and ran inside dragging along the damn iv equipment pole with me. As I approached the main entrance door of Camilia's office I could hear Teresa and Camilia arguing about me. But why would they be agruing about me, I was about to walk in, til' I hear something, something that ruin my life completely at the moment.

T: I want out. I need to go, I can't be here anymore.

C: Sit. Please. You're worried about what happened in the hotel, about the man Luna murdered in front of you.

T:It was self-defense.

C: You don't have to be scared about that, Teresa. As you know, the maid that saw you... she's dead. I toke care of that. You see, you're valuable but not very valuable as luna is to me. The only reason on why your still alive is because of her and my husband. Changes are coming and I need everyone in the family.

T: But that doesn't include Luna and I.

C: That's where you're wrong.