Mysterious Noble (34)

"But I would do anything to protect her...and keep her smiling." Vincent continued. I could see his inner honesty being slowly but carefully out to me. "Ever since I met her, I don't want her to feel lonely anymore."

"If possible...I want her to be happy with a family." I stiffened upon hearing the word family.

The reason why...was because the De Castellane Household wasn't exactly the type of noble household to give happiness to their family members.

In fact, the De Castellane Household was a family of former military instructors and war veterans.

Their class standing among aristocracy was that of a marquis status.

The family members can't be underestimated. Especially in their military techniques.

If Vincent were to go to the De Castellane, he'd end up becoming a form of blackmail for Hansel's target. I don't even know what the De Castellane Household will do once news of the traitor's daughter being alive gets to their ears.

It's dangerous for an innocent bystander.

"Vincent, I understand your intention to protect this girl." It's not a lie, but merely the truth. "But the De Castellane Household...your friend's true family..."

"Aren't exactly the kindest nobles."