Chapter 4 - Willing To Defy Anything For You

The next day there was a buzz at school as I walked through the gate. Everyone was chatting about a certain topic

"What's going on?" I ask, staring at a bunch of girls gossiping

"Haven't you heard?" Anna taps my shoulder in a sympathetic manner

"What?"

"Aaron and Mae are back together" Ava inform. "Apparently she texted Aaron saying she was sorry and he welcomes her back with open arms"

"Ugh, so that is what this buzz is about? OMD don't people have a life?" I roll my eyes. I totally didn't care. It was just a matter of time before they got back together.

"It's high school drama" Munni shrugs

"The sooner we are out of this place the better" I sigh

"Hey did you watch the X-factor last night?" Anna changes the subject and chats with Munni. I take a minute to glance around and caught the eye of Aaron who's girlfriend is on top of him. PDA Much? We get it, you're back together, don't have to make out in front of a group of 12-year-olds.

"Hey guys" Anthony grins and waves as he comes over. Anthony was a whole different case. He was creepy and a stalker but also hilarious and the gossip reporter of the school.

"Go away Anthony" Anna slaps her forehead

"Ouch, sister" he steps away

"I'm not your sister" she replies

"Okay cousin" he winks at her before turning to the rest of us. "Ava, how's Isaac?" He teases her

"He's fine, leave my boyfriend alone" she rolls her eyes

"I was just asking bitch" he glances at me

"So Rachel, have you heard about Aaron and Mae. Totally cute that they are back together"

"Anthony, I don't care" I warn

"Sure you don't" he winks at me before annoying Ava about Isaac. "I'm going to kill you"

"Killing isn't a good option, you'll end up in jail and what will happen to poor Isaac" Micah says from behind Ava.

"Go away, idiot"

"Geez, I came to tell you Isaac is looking for you," Micah tells and points over at Isaac who is talking to Kaden. Micah is Isaac best friend and a rubbish wing friend. He ruins relationship rather than help them. The rumor he comes up with are horrendous, luckily I don't know him that well.

"Aw, so cute" Anthony snaps me out my thought

"What are you still doing here?" Anna asks

"Go" I order and he runs away

***

"Darling" Aaron says under his breath. His voice was deeper than usual and sure as hell, it sounded sexy. Somehow, I made it through the day, avoiding Aaron Usher except for Maths because he sat a table across from me. 

Fate wanted this to happen

I avoid him and continue copying the example from the board. It was just a phase, nothing serious. He's Aaron Usher, for god sake

"Darling" he repeats with annoyance. "Darling" 

"WHAT?" I yell, gaining the attention of the rest of the class. The teacher stares at me as I look down. He lets out a sigh and returns to the board.

For the remainder of the lesson, Aaron makes no attempt to talk to me till we are leaving. 

"I'm sorry if I did something to upset you" he grabs my wrist as I try to leave. 

"At least tell me what I did?" He breathes

"Nothing. It doesn't matter Usher" I reply

"Please, what happened to being friends. Friends tell each other"

"Nothing Aaron, we are different people, we should just go our separate way" He bites his tongue, looking around. Then he steps closer, close to my ear and whispers

"I was willing to defy everything for you"

***

"Rachel right?" Someone runs up to me in the corridor as I leave the science block.

I glance over at the person, strangely it's Kaden. He is way taller than me so I have to look up to him. His hair is cut short, stuck to his head, I can tell his eyes are small but they are hidden behind his glasses. Dimples appear on his face as he has that cheeky grin on his face.

"Yes, Kaden right?"

"Yep. We have biology together" he smiles as I nod.

"Nice" I mutter

"Anyway, what are you doing here? It's late"

"Intervention" I reply as I drag my bag on my shoulder and brace myself for the stairs.

"Same" he replies. "Well I got to go, Micah is waiting"

"I'll see you around Rachel" he smiles and within in a second he's gone

I guess I'll see him around