Chapter 5 - You'll Kiss Me One Day Like It's The Last Thing In The World

"Guys, Isaac invited us to a party held by William. I said we'd all go" Ava informs as we are spread out in her living room, eating pizza.Nothing can beat pizza

"Seriously?" I throw my head back, colliding with the edge of the sofa.

"I thought it be fun" she puts down her phone and picks up the TV remote

"I'm down" Anna agrees "Come on, Rachel, you need something to distract you from Aaron Usher"

"Okay, when?" I sigh, reaching for the last pizza.

"Hey, that was mine" Munni yells

"Whatever" I pat her shoulder

"It's tonight. No better time like the present." She cheekily grin

"Ava"

"So, what are we watching?" She yells over my voice

Too much of begging, a few hours later we were heading to the party. This can either go two way and I didn't want to think of the other option. A couple of minutes later, Ava pulls up at a stately home. Music blasting out, lights on and people everywhere. Most I recognize from school.

I get dragged out the car and inside. Ava disappears off to find Isaac and god know where Munni went. I grab Anna's hand as we go through the room to the kitchen where it is the quietest. Isaac and Ava were talking while Micah was the third wheeler. 

"Hey guys" Isaac waves with Micah beside him.

"Hey" I reply, glancing around the room for something? Anything?

"Where the third musketeer?" Ava asks

"Who?" I ask

"Kaden" Micah replies "He'll be here, that boy knows how to make an entrance" he winks and picks up a glass.

"Ok, cool" I nod, not a slight bit interested.

"Let's have a walk around" Anna grabs my hand and drags me away to talk to some girls that are in the same class as us. I was clearly not part of the conversation so went out for fresh air.

I stood on a corner of the patio, gazing out onto the forest behind the house. My mind traveled as I stood there. What was I doing here?
This isn't me

The sound of the door opening snaps me back to reality as I tighten my jacket. Looks like I wasn't the only one wanting peace.

"Darling, I know I'm the last person you want to see but can we talk?"

I nod and continue staring out. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Mae. You know I've had a crush on her since Year 7 and you were you so I thought you wouldn't mind if I got back with her"

"Aaron, I don't mind if you are dating her. We had nothing, Never were. Never will be. We are just opposite"

"Then why are you mad at me? What did I do? Help me here"

"I'm mad because you ignored me, ever since you got back with her, you acted like I don't exist. You wanted to be friends and we are, but friends don't ignore each other when they are dating someone else"

"Because I don't know what to do. When I'm with you, I want to kiss you till my last breath but you don't see us like that so I got back with her to stop myself but I can't. I'M FALLING FOR YOU RACHEL AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE" And before I realize it our lips are attached.

Seconds later, he pulls apart. "I can't because Darling one day you'll kiss me like it's the last thing in the world and I'll wait for that day, long as it takes" 

I'll hold you to that, Usher. We'll see

***

A few hours later, William called everyone to the garden where apparently we were going to be blown off our minds.

"Ladies and Gentlemen.......and Aaron" William gets the attention of everyone. His comment got a few laugh

"Love you too bro" I hear Aaron's voice in the crowd

"I want to introduce my friend, most of you know him but he likes to make an entry you'll never forget so wait for it"

A roaring engine

Mud splats as the wheels drove it back

A flashing light

Out of nowhere, a figure on the motorbike zooms in, doing mad tricks on the bike. The bike slows down and stops beside William as he chuckles.

The helmet comes off

"I'm not just a pretty face" He smirks

Has he seen himself in the mirror?

"Kaden" I sigh once the excitement cools down

"Rachel" he smirks as he invades my personal space and whispers into my ear. "Better than your boyfriend" he mutters and quickly runs inside.

Did he see us kissing?

Aaron kissed you, don't get happy

***

"Need a ride" Kaden appears on his flashy bike, smiling. I glance around, Anna ditched me, Munni I had no idea, and I had to get home

I groaned and nodded "Hop on," he says and I climb onto the back of the bike. I knew I was going to regret this

"Here" He hands me his helmet. I place it on my head and rest my palms on his shoulder

"Closer than that, Firecracker" He tosses his head back. I mentally groan as I put my hand on his waist

"More closer" He grabs my hand and wraps them around his waist. Very tight

"I might as well as sing closer." He chuckle

"SO BABY PULL ME CLOSER IN THE BACKSEAT OF YOUR ROVER, THAT I KNOW YOU CAN'T AFFORD, BITE THAT TATTOO ON YOUR SHOULDERS, PULL THE SHEET RIGHT  OFF THE CORNER OF THE MATTRESS THAT YOU STOLE FROM YOUR ROOMMATE BACK IN BOULDER"

"OK, I get it. Stop singing please"

"A pleasure" he turns around as roars the engine. "You might want to hold on" He warns with an edge of excitement in his voice.

I feel the wind rushing at me as I grab his waist tight and pray. God, help me