Chapter 15 - We'll both be knocked out

I made a huge mistake...

I had totally misjudged Kaden by his awkwardness that I did forgot the human side of him. I avoided him but I was wrong about him.

He was sweet and as we began spending time together I saw the real him.

"No touching" I slap his hand as he reaches for the popcorn bowl.

"Aw, I finished mine." He lifts the empty bowl in the air and reaches for my popcorn again

"Make some more" I point to the kitchen. He groans and disappear into the kitchen.

It was Tuesday night and we were spending it by watching 'The Fault in our stars'

I just loved this movie

"Rachel, you're out of popcorn" Kaden yells

"Tough luck" I shrug as he walks back in.

"Eff you. Can we watch something else? The boy dies at the end" Kaden rolls his eyes

"You monster. I have watched this movie twenty million times and every time I'm shocked and then there is you. Monster"

"What did I do?"

"You're a heartless monster"

"Oh, I have a heart" He replies. "Come on, let's play we Ludo" he takes out the ludo box that was shoved in the corner of the room.

"Fine but your losing" I warn him. I was competitive when it came to board games. If you don't believe me ask Anna.

We skipped her turn in Monopoly

***

"Checkmate"

"Please, I let you" Kaden sighs "Let's play another game"

"I beat you, I beat you"

"Ugh"

A moment later, the doorbell rings. Who was that? My parents were away and my brother was at a party.

I head for the door when Kaden pulls me back.

"Here" he hands me a cricket bat

"Seriously?"

"Could be robbers?" He shrugs

"Yeah and they'll knock my door. If it was thieves, we'd be both knocked out"

"Fine, I'll follow you" I roll my eyes and had to the door.

Boys and their overreactiveness. It was probably someone offering free pizza

I open the door and slam it shut. It was worse than I thought.

It was my friends

And I was alone with Kaden

"What?"

"Go and hide. It's my friends" I point to the stairs as he runs up them. I breathe and open the door again.

"Friends, what brings you here?" The trio walk in, looking around my living room.

"We were bored so we crashed here" Anna drops herself on the sofa.

"Oh, you could have texted me before?" I suggest as they shrug.

"So what do guys want to do?" I ask while figuring out away to get rid of them.

"Just chat" Munni shrug, heading upstairs.

"Er, why are we going upstairs? Let's chat here" I block the stairs

"There is better internet connection in your room" Ava replies.

"Okay" I rush up the stairs to my room. As I open the door, my sight fall on Kaden reading my outdated magazine.

"Hey, Rachel. Did you find---" I throw him on my bed then throw the duvet over him then sat on him, all in time as my friends walk in.

"Make yourself at home" I gesture around

"Rachel, you're acting weird. What's up?"

"Nothing is up. I'm total normal" I chuckle

"You won't be, if you break my ribs" Kaden says

"Shut up"

"What?" Munni turns her attention to me

"Nothing"

"Rachel, are you feeling okay? You're talking to yourself" Anna sympathies, patting my shoulder

"Excuse me" Kaden throws me off the bed. "She was talking to me. Wait.....UH OH"

***

"Rachel" Anna smirks as I walk in through the gate

"Not a word" I threaten

"Come on, you were trying to hide a guy in your bed"

"I'll set Alpacas on you if you say another word. You came at the wrong time"

"Uh huh"

No one believed me that me and Kaden were only playing games. We were two geeks, what else were we going to do?

I wasn't going to stoop to Mae's level. My friends just have a wild imagination. On the topic of other relationship; nothing remained between me and Aaron. We just share cold glare in the corridors.

I couldn't forgive him for what he did. He hurt me and he had to fix this Strangely, I wanted him to fix everything; show me that he was willing to be my friend

But until pigs fly, I'll live my life.

"Guess what lesson we have first?" Ava asks with a grin, nudging my shoulder

Ugh, no. Chemistry first lesson with Kaden

"I hate you guys"

"I'm sure Kaden loves you"

This was going to be a very long day...

Very...

Very...