Chapter 19 - Blackmail

"Are you wrong in the head? Who wants to sing a song?" William barks at Kaden who drops his head down, not saying a word.

I look at the faces, surrounding me. William had a tanned complexion with a stubble growing. His hair was pattered down, ending at his eyelashes. He had those dark eyes that pierce straight through you, if you looked long enough. The black camoflogue didn't help him either

Taylor on the other hand with an arm around Sandra's shoulder had a boyish grin. He had the fairest skin out of all them. First impressions was mischievous. He was that boy that you couldn't trust.

Sandra, who is on her phone looks bored. She has pretty hazel eyes but it's hidden with the thick black eyeliner. The dark make-up put people off her but she wasn't that bad.

My eyes keep wandering to Kaden who is fidgeting either with his hair or hand. "Well, what do you suggest?"

"A game?"

"Good luck trying to get everyone to agree on something" Sandra chuckles

"What then?"

"Chill Will. God the tension in here in more than a horror movie"

"That be more fun if one of us was a psychopath" Taylor mention, laughing at his own joke

"This is why we have Tony, the dude with decent jokes" William groans. "So Rachel, have you realize how weird Kaden is yet?"

"He's definitely something" Sandra answers, leaning in to ruffle his hair.

Can I call for back up?

Where's Anna when you need her?

"So there is a party, you guys going?" William asks

"Sure"

"Yep"

Their eyes turn to the silenced voice of me and Kaden. "I have plans with Anna"

"Me and Micah were going to play fortnite"

"But he doesn't have the game" Taylor coughs

"I was going to download it illegal for him" He replies with pride. "Sorry guys and don't call me. I'm not picking you lot up two in the morning with your asses drunk. Come on, Rachel. We'll go to my place." He picks up our ordered food and motion to the exit.

How was this boy confident one second and the other a dead mouse? It amazed me.

We arrive back at this place and sneak into the basement. "Why do you sneak around your own house?"

"He's scared of our dad" A little girl appears, holding the banister as she grins

"Kayla" He frowns "get out my basement"

"Make me" She giggles as Kaden lets out a sigh in frustration. "Hi, I'm Kayla" She holds out her hand

"Rachel" I reply "What do you mean he scared of your dad"

"Dad doesn't know he drinks or smokes or even drives the bike"

"And how old are you?"

"Eight and yes he does smoke in front of me. Talk about bad influence"

"Get lost Kayla"

"Geez, I'm out of here anyway" She rolls her eyes, holding her hands up in surrender as she runs out the room.

"Don't listen to her, she's an annoying brat who knows how to blackmail me."

You get blackmailed a lot, don't you dude?

"Kaden, you have guests" Kayla yells at the top of her lungs and seconds later Isaac and Micah walk down the stairs.

"KAYLA!!! What did I tell you about letting those two in?"

"Hello to you too, Kaden."

"Make yourself at home while I teach my sister a lesson about opening the door" He glances back at me as he jog up the stairs.

"The door was open anyway" Micah yells once the basement door slam shut. "So Rachel, did we disturb your precious time?"

"Micah! You don't ask question like that" Isaac exclaims "But just of curiosity, were you?"

I give up on humanity

***
"Kaden is taking an awful long time, wonder what he could be doing?" Micah winks as I roll my eyes for the hundredth time at his lame comments.

"He is probably getting bullied by his sisters?" Isaac shrugs

"He has more than one?"

"Yes, why do you think he's so awkward, he has two sister, one older than him and Kayla who is mentally older than him"

"What's his multiple personality?" I ask "And the secrery"

"Maybe he is a psycho"

"Or has multi personality disorder"

"Or just two faced, dump him while you have the chance. The real Kaden isn't nice"

"What?"

"Oh, you don't know him at all"

"Cut the bullshit, what's it suppose to mean?"

"It means you aren't going to like the real Kaden"

What the fuck is that suppose to mean