Prologue

|Danaë|

A girl's wedding is supposed to be one of the best days of her life. The day she's supposed to have everything planned out and life is supposed to be perfect. Everyone weighs on her hand and foot the day of the wedding, while she sits back and be nervous. That's exactly how my wedding started off. I was excited and nervous for multiple reasons.

Even thought I was already legally married I still wanted to have the wedding of my dreams. My man is so good to me and he promised me that he'd make it happen for me. I wasn't surprised when he asked me for a favor. Even though I wasn't feeling it at first, I was willing to compromise. That's how much I loved him.

We all reunited and sat aside our difference for my special day. After all the sneaky and shady shit all of us did to one another, we still were able to get over it and come together today. I was so lucky to have each and everyone of them there with me. It would've been amazing for Icy to come but......I guess he had other plans.

Anyways I'm here to tell you about how, what was supposed to be my fairytale wedding, turned into one of the most bloody killing fields in all of my 22 years of living.

One hour earlier........

"Oh my goodness, you're gorgeous friend," Lilith said as she looked at my freshly beat face. I sniffed and shook my head.

"You think so, you don't think it's a little too extra," I asked nervously. She walked up to me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Chile, we are supposed to be extra on our wedding day. Peanut's gonna fall in love with you all over again," she said. I nodded my head.

"You're right, I'm gorgeous aren't I," I asked as ran my hand through my bone straight hair.

"Yup, you're a beauty," my mom said from across the room. I looked at her through the mirror, just as she winked at me.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous, it's not like this is my first time getting married. Well this is my first wedding but it should go good, right," I asked. Everyone in the room quickly responded, in hopes that I wouldn't have meltdown.

"Darling everything will be perfect. Besides you aren't the only one on the verge of a nervous breakdown," my mom mumbled as she nodded her head in the direction of my wedding planner who had just burst through the door.

"Are you guys ready,  tell me you're ready," she said out of breathe. I raised an eyebrow and nodded my head.

"Ok mommy, get rid of her before she brings my wedding jitters back," I demanded before turning to the mirror.

"Fifty-two more minutes and you'll be Mrs. Anthony Watson. How excited are you," Lilith asked. I turned to look at her and smiled.

"Very! Are Viv and the rest of the bridesmaids good," I asked. Lilith gave me uneasy look before slightly nodding.

"The bridesmaids are good but Viv is uhh,-" she started but got cut off by the door being swung open.

"Here, I'm here," Viviana yelled as she rushed into the room with her dress in her hand. I looked at her in disbelief before taking a deep breath. Not only did she show up late, but her ass looked a complete mess. I took a few deep breaths before silently counting backwards.

"Remain calm, Danaë," my mother warned.

"Where have you been," Lilith questioned. Viviana glanced up at her and shrugged.

"None of your business," she said as she slid into her dress.

"You just gon' get dressed right in front of us," the makeup artist asked. She sighed dramatically and pulled the dress above the half bra she wore, before turning to face us all.