Chapter 11

|Danaë|

I leaned up against the headboard with a pout on my face, as I watched Peanut grabbed his briefcase and throw some papers inside. It had been two weeks since our engagement party, and the two of us had been in wonderland every since. We hadn't been out of each other's eye sight, all that was changing today though. He had to take a business trip with Bethany and Floyd to California for another potential business opening.

"Don't be like that baby," Peanut said, glancing over at me. I shrugged and shook my head. I couldn't help it. I really didn't want him to leave.

"It's just so annoying that you have to go to the office today, knowing you're leaving tonight. I think your business is being very unfair," I complained. He chuckled.

"You'll be alright baby. I ain't gon' be gone for that long. Besides, after we meet Rhy this afternoon, we can chill until it's time for me to leave." He promised me, as he fixed his tie. I smacked my lips and face palmed myself.

"Dammit, I totally forgot about meeting her. What time is it," I asked, getting out of bed.

"9:17. You got plenty of time to stall. I'm just finna go run to this office. Discuss a few things with the team, then imma be on the road to you and Rhy. Afterwards me and you can spend the remainder of my time doing whatever you want," Peanut said, kissing my forehead. I poked my bottom lips out and grabbed his briefcase.

"I miss you already," I groaned as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smirked.

"Yea, I got it like that. Come walk me outside," he said. I sighed and followed him out our bedroom.

"You want me to make you something to eat," I asked, trying to stall him. We walked into the den, where Yoshi and Manuel were sprawled out in the couch.

"Nahh, imma have B pick me something up when I get to the office. Thank you tho' baby," Peanut said, as he looked over at Manuel who was stirring in his sleep.

"Ok," I mumbled. I had to bite my tongue because I was on the verge of saying something slick. Her ass got that cute simply nickname, while I got an offensive one. It was offensive because my head was kind of big like a watermelon.

"Why Yoshi hea'," he asked, leaning over to kiss Manny's forehead. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I thought you talked to him last night," I asked. Peanut shook his head.

"I did. He said he was dropping Viv off at Tiana's then he was going home. Some'um probably came up," Peanut mumbled. I shrugged and followed him to the door. He turned around and kissed me one last time, before going to his car.

"Don't forget we have to meet Rhy at noon," I called out. He nodded.

"I won't. You try not to forget," he said as he hopped in his truck. I watched as he backed out the driveway then disappear down the street. Sighing, I walked back into the house.

Manny walked towards me rubbing his eyes. I poked my bottom lip out and kneeled in front of him. I swear he was the cutest toddler I knew. I grabbed him by his tiny waist and pulled him into me.

"You ok, buddy," I asked, picking him up from the floor. He nodded and continued to rub his eyes. I chuckled and went into the den where Yoshi wore a confused look on his face.

"Long night," I asked, pushing Manny up on my hip. He shook his head and wiped his eyes.

"No man, I just.......... I got a lot of shit on my mind, that's all," Yoshi said. I shook my head.

"Wants some breakfast," I asked. He looked at me for a moment before rubbing his head.

"I'll take a few eggs," He said, standing up. He took Manny from my arms and threw him in the air. I walked off and headed to the kitchen. Thanksgiving was only a few days away and I was so excited. My parents were coming tomorrow, meaning I'd have some help cooking. I couldn't wait to see my daddy.