Chapter 15

|Mónéy|

I stepped out the shower and placed my feet on the plush carpet. Grabbing a towel from the rack, I wrapped it around my body and exit the bathroom. I had landed in Italy a couple of hours ago, and I was exhausted. I slept until an hour earlier, now here I was sprawled out in the guest house bedroom with nothing on. I hadn't seen Carlos, Benjamin, nor Cassandra since I got here.

After a while I rejuvenating from my shower, I got up and got dressed. It wasn't as cold as it was in New Orleans, but it was still cold. I saw on the news that snow was detected in the state of Louisiana. I kinda wished I was there to experience it, but then again, I was relieved to be away from the drama. The Tyler situation had my head throbbing. I could barely get any sleep, thinking about the shit. I had no lead on who would kill him in my brand new home. I was relieved that Fate was the only one who knew about the body, though.

I grabbed my phone from the dresser and realized that today was Thanksgiving in Italy. I smiled and closed my eyes. Tomorrow was going to be a disaster in New Orleans, and I was grateful that I was far away from the unraveling drama. I went to Viviana's contact and dialed her number. I didn't too much give a fuck about her date, but I did tell her I would call to see how it went. Her phone rung a couple of times, before it went to voicemail. I figured she was probably asleep, considering the different time zones.

I examined myself in the mirror to make sure I was presentable enough for Carlos. He hated for me to wear tennis shoes, so I wore a pair of sandals with a Gucci dress that stopped just above my knees. I left out the guest house and headed to the main house where everyone was at. I saw a couple of cars scattered in Carlos' driveway, signaling that some of his children were there.

"Good morning madam," the butler BK, greeted. I nodded and headed into the den where I heard chattering coming from.

"Well can there be more than one specialty on the menu? Carlos' brother hasn't seen him in a very long time. We know nothing about him and I want to make sure we have everything just in case he likes something different," Cassandra stated. The chef rolled her eyes in annoyance, before speaking.

"I've already spoken with Carlos and he said to make whatever," she responded with her thick accent.

"Did you just catch an attitude? All I did was give you a request, don't get smart," Cassandra snapped. The chef mugged her, before mumbled Italian curse words as she stormed away. I chuckled lowly, causing Cassandra to look my way. She smiled.

"Mónéy, girl look at you? Come over and give me a hug, darling," she squealed as she pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Hey," I said as we broke the hug.

"Happy Thanksgiving," she said.

"Same to you," I said. We stood in an awkward silence, looking over each other. I don't know why, but this would happen a lot whenever I would come to visit. Cassandra could greet me like we're the best of friends, then she'd stare me down like I was her enemy.

"So how's Natalie," she said, finally breaking her silence.

"She's fine. I spoke with her the other day," I lied. Every time they'd asked me about Natalie, I would lie. I hadn't spoken or seen her in a little while now.

"Marvelous. Is my grand baby healthy," Cassandra asked, clasping her hands together.

"He's growing everyday," I said, smiling. She nodded.