Chapter 14

|Danaë|

"Uno," Natalie called out as she threw a card in front of Kree. He groaned inwardly and sat all the way up. I snickered once I saw him drawing from the deck. It was too funny, because he seriously thought he was going to win. Manuel was taking a nap in one of the spare bedrooms, and Peanut was MIA as usual. It was good to have company like Natalie and Kree over.

"Uno out!," Natalie holler a few seconds later. I clasped my hands together as Kree sighed in defeat. He threw the remainder cards he had down and groaned.

"Only reason you won was because I let you win, remember that," he said, standing up. The doorbell rung, and he wandered off to get it.

"You smiling mighty hard," I said as I leaned forward on the couch. Natalie stood from the floor and twisted her lips up.

"Girl bye. I always smile hard, it's the retainer," Natalie mumbled as she showed me her braces.

"Mhmm," I mumbled as I sipped my imaginary tea.

"Kree just my baby daddy, he don't want me," Natalie smirked. I looked her up and down.

"Could've fooled me, from the way you was moaning last night. I woke up to see Manny sprawled out on the couch right beside Yoshi. Either you was in there getting surgery, or y'all was doing some serious fucking," I said. Natalie laughed. She was about to respond, but she noticed Kree smiling all in Lilith's face.

"That's a nice trench coat, where you get that from," he asked. Lilith smirked and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Saks Fifth Avenue. It was made to be naked underneath," Lilith informed him, before walking into the den.

"Damn," Kree mumbled.

"Hey Danaë," she greeted. I gave her a look before speaking back.

"Lilith! What happened to you calling me back the other night. I wanted to hear about you and Floyd," I said. She smiled.

"Who's Floyd," Kree asked. Natalie frowned before marching up the stairs. Kree didn't even know that he had pissed her off.

"A friend of your brother's. Why do you care," I asked. Kree held his hands up.

"I was just asking," he said.

"Instead of worrying about me, you might wanna go check on your baby mama upstairs," Lilith said. Kree looked over his shoulder and sighed once he noticed that Natalie was no longer in sight.

"I blame you," he said, pointing to Lilith.

"Me," she shrieked.

"Yup, if you wouldn't have came in hea' looking all good and shit, I wouldn't have forgotten she was in the room," Kree said as he jogged up the stairs. Lilith eyed him, as he disappeared down the foyer.

"What is up with the two of you," I pried. She frowned.

"Not a damn thing. I hear he went out with Yaki a few times, she claims that's her dude now," Lilith said. I scoffed.

"You mean stuck up Yaki," I asked. Lilith nodded.

"I was surprised too. After all these years of her trying to chase him, she finally got him," Lilith said, shaking her head.

"Finally got him," I reiterated. "Girl Kree has wandering eyes, and an even more wandering you know what. That chick don't got him," I continued.

"You right. I ran into her at the food court in the mall, and she was boasting about how she was gon' give that fool her virginity. Poor bitch got a lot to learn," Lilith stated. I gasped.