22

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

two days later, seungcheol walked out of his apartment—dreading the day ahead— as he walked out, his foot hit a box.

he groaned, cursing at the box. he saw that it was packaged neatly and in really big letters it was labeled with his name on it.

he picked it up, feeling weak from being emotionally drained. he set it down on the counter that separated their kitchen and living room.

he stared at the handwriting, his heart skipping a few beats them speeding up all at once.

it was jeonghan's hand writing.

he swallowed harshly, avoiding the tears that begged to fall. he hesitantly raised his hands to top, scared to see what was inside.

once he thought of jeonghan's name, his mind kept replaying the events from the other night.

the way he had felt; the anger, the hurt, the completely overwhelming feeling of sadness washing over him.

more importantly, the way jeonghan stared at his car as he drove off, leaving him there.

he collected all the courage he had and forced his hands to open it.

he had his eyes shut as his hands moved, he inhaled deeply and slowly opened one eye and then the other.

it was filled with papers.

he took one out and his eyes widened at the sight. it was a sketch of seungcheol eating frozen yogurt.

then he pulled out another, this was a drawing of seungcheol sleeping.

as he began going through the rest of them, he began to tear up. each drawing was a drawing from a time they had spent together.

each of their dates were different. labeling all the way back to the month they first met.

his eyes were then fixed on an envelope, it was light blue and had his name written in cursive on the front.

seungcheol pulled out the letter and began to read it. each sentence making him cry a little harder than before.

Seungcheol,

I'm not even sure if you'll read this. Maybe you'll just throw it out. Still, I have to try. You're more than just upset with me, you probably feel like seeing me would confuse you again. I know. I know because I've felt that. And you're right, I never thought I'd put someone through this. But I just want you to know, that no matter what, even if you hate my guts, I'll always love you. I'll love you for so many things and that is never going to change. From the deepest part of my heart I'm sorry. I never wanted to let you go, ever, but I will. So this is my goodbye to you. I'm leaving soon, and I wrote this to apologize because your amazing and didn't deserve this. I love you.

Sincerely,
Jeonghan.

seungcheol wasn't just crying, he was breaking.

jeonghan is leaving, but he still was unable to get up. he still was unable to go after him, because jeonghan broke his heart. jeonghan had now passed the 'why' questions onto him.

he didn't want jeonghan to go, but he couldn't go after him.

I DIDNT PROOF READ. I know its short but its essential and and HENLO PERFORMANCE TEAM JUST SNATCHED MY WIG ILY GTG