Chapter 3

Jai's POV

I crept into Nathan's room and knelt in front of him. He seemed to be in deep thought about something. I want to know why he thinks Adey is so dangerous. He finally realised I was there when he looked up.

Those beautiful green eyes were staring back at me; there was always so much emotion in those eyes. I liked that about Nathan, he was like an open book. There was another emotion in his eyes though, one I hadn't seen before, was it...longing? No, it can't be longing, why would Nathan long for me? He's straight.

'Nate?' I questioned.

'Why are you in here?' he said under his breath.

Defiant, I answered, 'There's something you're not telling me and I want to know.' His face softened slightly before hardening into a slight glare.

'Well it's none of your business so just get out and stay away from Adrian.' Nathan growled. Scared, I tried to reason with him, 'But Nathan-'

'Get Out!' he yelled at me before standing up suddenly from his bed, the springs groaning with the pressure taken off. He grabbed fistfuls of my shirt and lifted me up off the floor. My eyes widened.

This wasn't Nathan. Nathan wouldn't do this.

'Nathan stop, what are you doing?' I cried, confused as to why Nathan was acting this way. He just said nothing and pushed me out of his room, slamming the door in my face. Flinching, I then trudged back to my room. I collapsed onto my bed, feeling defeated.

What happened there? Nate just suddenly changed. My heart sunk when he pushed me out of his room. There's something that he's not telling me and I want to know, it is obviously hurting him.

Nate's POV

It's been nearly 3 days since I pushed Jai out of my room. And my heart. He hasn't spoken to me since and I haven't spoken to him. I think I might have scared him. I feel so awful, I should probably apologise. This is for the better, he will stay away from Adrian and I will stay away from him. That way, he'll be safe.

'Hey Nate?' Mike called from the other side of my door.

'Come in.' I replied.

Mike strolled in with a case of beers under his arm, took one out and offered me one.

'Hey dude, I know that the whole 'Adrian thing' must have shook you up a little so we can have a night of bro time before we go back to college, that sound good?' Mike suggested.

Thinking about everything that has happened with Jai, that sounded like the perfect way to relax.

'Sure.' I smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 games and 12 beers later I decided I needed the toilet so I got up from my bed.

'Where you going?' Mike slurred.

'I need a piss.' I answered before staggering towards the bathroom from my room. After doing my business I began my way back to my room. I noticed that Jai still had his lights on as I could see the glow from his lamp from under the door. Sloping over to it, I knocked briskly before opening it. Jai was spread out, sound asleep on his bed, controller still in hand. Padding over to him, my eyes locked onto his sleeping form. His slender arms were raised above his head, almost in surrender. His head was tilted back over the edge of his bed and he looked... so... sexy. Creeping over to him my gaze wandered over to his lips. They were perfect and pale and full.

What am I doing? Mike will be wondering where I am. And I have given up on Jai, I don't want to hurt him anymore than I already have.

I looked at his face once more and it scrunched up and he groaned slightly in his sleep.