Chapter 27

Jai's POV

I've been at Adey's for about a week now and everything is great.
I've started sleeping in his room permanently now.
I have tried to ring Mikey a few times but he doesn't pickup. He's still angry with me.

I still miss them. Mikey and Nathan.
Every day's the same now, I spend the morning in bed with Adey just cuddling and talking, then later on he might go out or we stay in and pass the time, then Adey goes to work at 7 and doesn't return until 2am.
I can get through most of the day without thinking about Nathan now, but between 7pm and 2am I can't stop myself.
He didn't deserve to be treated like that, by me of all people.
I can't possibly tell him I like him now.
I don't deserve to be happy, yet here I am with this lovely, handsome Italian guy who treats me like I'm precious and all I can think about is someone else.
Adey really is great. He stuck to his word and hasn't tried anything funny with me at all.

I had decided. I would just leave Nathan alone and we can go our own ways.

Nathan's POV

It had been a few days since I had gotten out of hospital and I still hadn't seen Jai since that day in the bathroom. It feels like it's been years since I've seen his face.
The aching in my heart returned at the thought of Jai again but significantly less than it had hurt before to think about him.

My cuts and bruises were all healed and my ribs were mostly better.
Today was a Friday so Mike was at his part time job (where he's met yet another new girl).
Lazily, I dragged my eyes over to the clock on my bedside table.
11:08
I was currently just laying there facing the wall, no particular thoughts going through my head.
Shifting my eyes around the room, they landed on a screwed up shirt on the floor.
Mike's
I smiled to myself. Last night we had a gaming night, and Mike got pretty wound up by some of the players on the other team. He was insisting that it was hot in here but I refused to open a window.
His argument was, "hey if your cold you can put a jumper on, I can hardly peel my skin off." To which I just shrugged and gave in.

Heaving a deep sigh, I slowly sat up, a dull pain still throbbing in my stomach. Standing up, I made my way to the kitchen.

After breakfast, I took my pills before going back upstairs to shower.

Standing in the shower, I let the water run down my body as I turned my brain to thinking.
Why hasn't Jai come to see me?
I mean, I know he probably doesn't like me, but surely our relationship runs deep enough for him to be concerned for me.
He doesn't care
Suddenly depressed, I tried to think about something else.
I hope Mikes doing well with this new girl.
I haven't heard much about her but Mikes been spending a lot of time with her though.
Even when he's not working, I'm often here by myself. It's kind of lonely. I mean Tory has come round to visit and we've been out a couple of times but still, the house used to be much livelier.
Why did I have to go and ruin it?
Why couldn't I just keep my feelings to myself?
Letting out a deflated sigh, I turned off the shower and reluctantly stepped out of the warm cubicle.
Wrapping a towel around my waist, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror staring at my reflection.
Where is Jai anyway? I started to worry.
He's probably at Adey's.
My face contorted into a pained expression.
Adey better not have done anything to him.
Slowly, I focuses my eyes back to my own reflection.
There were still a few cuts and ugly yellow bruises but they'll be gone in a couple more days.
I was told to be careful with my ribs for a little while longer as they wanted to be definitely sure they were all healed.

Wandering out of the bathroom, I got ready for a day of nothing.

Tory had been round a few times to hang out.

God I miss Jai.

He's been gone for about a week but it feels like months. Even when he was angry with me, I'd still see him.

I'll just have to get used to it, I guess.

That evening.

I had successfully achieved nothing today.
It was now 10:46 and I was currently sitting on the sofa in front of the tv half watching the final Hobbit film. I had managed to get through almost all three throughout the day.
It had just got to the bit where Bilbo gives the Arkenstone to the elves and men when I heard my phone ringing.

Rushing over to the table where I had left my phone, I flipped it over and looked at the screen.

Jai calling...