4.

For the past few days, every one has been whispering and thinking up ways they could compete if they were underage.

Fred and George tried the aging potion and failed.

A few kids broke their nose charging into the barrier.

Some people tried throwing paper at the barrier.

But the only way it would work is if a physical being went in with it.

But no one dared to put a minor's name in... That is until-

Dumbledore stood before everyone in the dining hall as two slips of paper popped out of the Goblet.

The first one flying out by itself.

"Ah. Cedric Diggory!" He grinned before the goblet sneezed out another slip.

Everyone who was cheering looked on in fear.

This had never happened before.

"This is odd..." Dumbledore furrowed his brows before looking at the paper.  His eyes widened slightly before looking up. "Harry Potter."

Everyone turned to look at me and I paled. "What!?!"

"Harry!?!?" Ron hissed quietly.

"Come on up, Mr. Potter."

Harry.

I didn't do it! I swear!

Explain.

I don't know how I got in it!

Harry.

I'm being honest! Check me!

I never said I didn't believe you.

I got up nervously and stood next to Cedric, who offered me a welcoming smile.

I smiled back before looking at Dumbledore.

"Well. Unfortunately, Mr. Potter will have to compete as well." He frowned. "Let us get a round of applause for every one who has been selected!" He shouted, his concern now masked behind his enthusiasm.

Every one roared in delight except for one Gryffindor and one Slytherin.

One glaring daggers at me and the other glaring daggers at the hufflepuff pulling me in for a warm embrace.

"It'll be fine, Harry." Cedric grinned. "You're the boy who lived. We're bound to win."

"I dunno Cedric. Something seems odd about this... Especially since I didn't put my name in." I whispered.

"Well, fate has a weird way of working things out." He shrugged. "This competition is a rarity in itself, considering how dangerous it is and the fact that it occurs ever 5 years or so..."

"But you could die." I frowned. "Doesn't that stress you out at all?"

"Death is a natural occurence." He looked down at me. "If you die for the good of something or someone, I suppose that's a life well spent."

"And if you don't die that way?"

"Then I suppose I can't judge myself until I die...yeah?"

"Yeah...I guess." I frowned slightly.

"Hey. No." He pulled my lips into a smile with his hands. "Cheer up. This is supposed to be exciting."

"My whole life is exciting." I hissed.

"Well think of this as a good excitement."

Everyone was moving around us to leave the dining hall or to congratulate their friends.