14.

Unedited*

Harry's POV

I woke up in the infirmary with a worried Draco standing over me.

I was a bit groggy and my head was spinning, but I was very much alive.

He exhaled out of relief. "Harry."

"Hmmm?"

"You're alive." He whispered.

"Surprise." I smiled, my voice was raspy from the lack of use.

"You idiot." He rubbed his eyes. "I was worried sick."

"Are you crying?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"Yes!" He scowled quietly.

"I can't see, meanie!"

"Oh. I'm sorry."

He sounded so broken that I didn't have the heart to be mad. "Come here." I held my arms open for him.

He leaned down to give me a hug and I relaxed when his scent filled my nose.

I love your scent.

Weirdo.

Do you have any bruises?

No.

What happened to me?

Your skull was cracked and there was blood everywhere. But when we got you to the infirmary, you started to magically heal.

What?

Pomfrey said that someone was using powerful magic on you. I asked her if it could have been your bond to you-know-who...because I knew it wasn't me. I was dealing with a horrible migraine myself.

What did she say?

She didn't know. She left to talk to Dumbledore. Apparently she's never seen something like that. Even your skull looks as if nothing ever happened.

Wow.

Did something happen in your dream?

Well. He was there. I told him I think I was attacked by one of his followers and he got pissed.

Whoever did this is an idiot.

Why?

Death eaters are forbidden from killing you. We aren't allowed to harm you unless we're ordered to do so...or given a task that permits us to do so.

Us?

I'll be one soon. Besides. Father had me start studying the rules. Better informed than dead.

Ah.

So. Yes. He'd be furious. Especially since he's still not in a physical form independently.

Yet.

Exactly.

Alright. So. Do you think she'll mind if I go to class?

Mmm. That may be unwise. But I won't let you do anything strenuous in class.

B-But...I can't.

What?

Be around you.

Why not?

The threat. My attacker said if I didn't leave you alone, they would take away everyone I love.

Hm.