Chapter Ten - Runaway

[Goals - READS: 135 VOTES: 1]

It was two A.M. as I laid in my bed, thinking what it would be like in another world, another time, where Harry and I had met somewhere else, where we could happily gay together. I tended to do that a lot of the time when I couldn't sleep - which was a lot nowadays. I created this perfect universe in my head, and it seemed to give me joy until I drifted asleep - that even happened. But, a whole new type of hell happened when I woke up the next day, my alternative universe dreams being shattered by the homophobic, close-minded world we live in. I absolutely despised it. It was almost like being here wouldn't allow me to be happy; that being here, even with Harry, happiness isn't feasible. That, while in One Direction, under management's control, happiness wasn't a goal that seemed reached, and I hated it.

In the middle of my thinking, Harry woke up. He blinked at me with tired eyes, yawning, and I knew he wanted to go back to sleep but decided to stay up with me. He always had when he awoke and saw that insomnia was taking me through the night. That's just what boyfriends do. As Harry looked at me in the dark, I realized so many possibilities. Slowly, I crawled up and out of the bed, giving Harry a quick smile as I went to look out the window. The bus wasn't moving, everyone already fast asleep at such a late hour. What if tomorrow, when I did wake, that my dreams didn't have to be crushed? That, in the morning, I could be a new Louis Tomlinson; a free Louis? This, now this, was a provoking though. Provoking enough for me to say it out loud. "Harry, will you run away with me?"

I returned to the bed and cuddled up to Harry's warm body and stared at his shadowy face through the dark. "You know I would, love." Harry kissed the top of my head, holding me tighter against my body. of course Harry would say he'd run, but would he actually go through with it, right now, and leave? That was the question to be answered.

"I hate to come up so rationally this early, but Darling, would you go now? Like, right this minute. . . pack up and leave?" The room fell silent for a moment, the only sound being the ones of our steady breathing. I waited for Harry to answer, wondering if he ever would. Maybe he just didn't want to run, not now. Or maybe ever. Or maybe he was busy pondering the thought of the life we could have together, and how we could rebuild. Maybe he was weighing the pros and cons, or maybe he plainly had fallen back asleep.

"What are you thinking, Louis?" He looked at me, our eyes making contact for a moment before I dropped them again.

"Well," I started, worried what I was saying sounded absolutely insane, which it probably was, "I was thinking how confined we are - in this bus, under control, people always watching us. I thought id be nice to have a break. . . forever. We could leave, start a ne life. Be happy."

"Well," Harry said immediately, sighing as he drew out the L's. "I - actually, I think that's a great idea." I perked up at his words, sitting myself up so I can see his face directly. Was he serious? I looked at him, staring at his greens eyes with the little light we had. I could still make out his features, nonetheless - his green eyes, cute nose, oh-so-kissable lips, his hair that stuck out everywhere from his lumber, the way his head flowed into his neck, his neck into his shoulders. In that moment, I realized how much I had really grown to love this boy. . . not as just a coworker, but a friend, not just a friend either, but a best friend, but more than a best friend, like a brother, but it got even more intense and escalated to a crush, but more, like a boyfriend and then, again, further, to something more, like a husband or a soul mate. Harry was not just another person in my life, he was the person in my life; the one who I loved and knew more than myself. I hadn't realized, but he was the one I wanted to run with, the one I waited for all those years when I yearned to have someone to watch movies with, the one who I wanted to be with forever. I wanted to tell him all of this, right now, at two-thirty in the morning, but I knew for sure it wasn't the time. It was too late, and so much so late, and with the idea between us sparking I couldn't. So I swallowed it back down and went forward with our plan.

"Really?"

"Yes." Well, I thought, let's run. I got up again, leaving Harry, his body becoming a silhouette the closer I came to our dresser. I reached down, deep down, into my drawer, all the way at the very bottom, the part that was never cleaned, until I felt my fingers brush the hairy blob. I wrapped my fingers around it, nails scratching the wood beneath it, and pulled them out. Two wigs.

Harry turned on his bedside table lamp, his face more confused than ever. "Pack up." I flung the black wig at him, then retreated back to my dresser and started shoving things into a duffle bag. Without a word, Harry rose from his sheets and started empty his drawers into a bag. We were actually doing this.

We sat at the table, pen in hand, writing, writing and writing, my fingers refusing to stop forming words in the paper. I had personally explained to each of the other three boys we were leaving and why, but not where. Honestly, we didn't know, either. We were just going to leave and be done with it.

I signed my name at the very bottom of the back of the page and left it on the table, next to Harry's and picked up my bag. I peeked inside, looking for essentials before checking myself out in the mirror. I looked at the new Louis - blonde, curly-haired wig, freckles, a darker shade of lips, a blue long-sleeve button-down shirt with red suspenders, tan slacks, brown dress shoes and glasses with tape in the middle. I was a new person. Harry was, too. he had his hair pushed into a floppy black-haired wig, a tight yellow shirt tucked into blue jeans with a black and blue plaid shirt, unbuttoned, on top. He wore a pair of Jordans and headphones around his neck, with glasses and lighter lips. We were more than ready.

I looked around once more, then looked at Harry. He nodded as I began to walk towards the door. I slipped out, followed by Harry, and it shut behind us. It was now 3:30.

And just like that, we were gone, on our way to freedom, venturing through the night.

[A/N: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I do. I wanted to make it not-so-cliché as it was going, and this came to mind.

Wowowow, thank you so much for helping me hit my reads goal. We could use a little work on the votes, though!

Is anyone reading both stories (this and I Choose You)? Or planning to?

-->Feedback?<--

++Where do you think Harry and Louis will go?++]