Chapter Twenty Two - The Truth

[Goals for the chapter: READS - 245 // VOTES - 3]

"But, I just want us to be happy. . .really," Harry mumbled into my lap, soaking my pants. He hiccupped and sdat up, face stained with tears and eyes red. After his whole I-don't-want-to episode, I finally got Harry to talk, and when he started, he didn't stop. He went on and on about how he was so unhappy but wanted to be happy and all that mumbo-jumbo, then burst into to tears but was relentless and continued to speak about anything and everything depspite mine and the doctor's efforts to get him to stop and listen. Needless to say, he did neither.

Doctor Wembly nodded, watching Harry as he wiped his eyes. Wembly had the sympathetic look down pat: lips slightly pouted, eyes down yet still making eye contact all while nodding slowly. It was perfect, as a matter of fact. I couldn't tell if he actually felt bad for Harry or if it was just his therapist act. Either way, it was outstanding.

"I really, really love that person, though," he cried, returning to a ball on m lap.

"And, who is this person?" the doctor asked, speaking for the fist time in seventeen minutes. Harry shot up, gaining compusure to his tears, but losing it to fear. He looked at me wide-eyed, staring. I shrugged as Doctor Wembly stared at both of us, eyes darting back and forth as if he was watching a tennis match. Harry looked at me once more, this time with a guilty look, then turned away and closed his eyes. His hand shot up, his finger coming inches away from my nose. "Louis?" he asked, his eyes as wide as Harry's was when he asked. Harry nodded.

"Yes, I do."

"Well, I guess we do learn something new every day, right Lou?" Dr. Wembly crossed one leg over the other, pushing his glasss up on his ose. He watched Harry as he leaned back, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Actually, no, Sir."

"Has Harry already told you?"

I took a deep breath, "Harry and I are. . .together. But you can't tell anyone. We aren't supposed to tell anyone."

"This is one-hundred percent confidential. But. . .Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. . .gay?"

"Bisexual," Harry pipped in from between his knees. He came out of hi ball, looking at me. He moved closer. "I'll tell you what, I'll tell you our whole story, a-k-a, why we're so messed up. Okay?"

"Okay, go for it, Harry," he said, sitting back in his chair, placing the notepad down.

"Well, I knew i liked boys. Then I saw Louis during X-Factor. It was amazing. Anyway, skipping ahead, we ended up dating and came out to the other mates, and they were totally fine with it and-"

"Zayn left the room," I said.

"Right. Zayn didn't do anything, he just left. Anyway so we told our parets and half of Louis' family hated him and then my biological dad hated me. Then Modest! jumped in and made a sign a contract and every year they'd get more and more strict about how we have to act in public due to the fact that we are together. I have had many beards, and Louis has his one. You have the shippers and everything and the haters and it's jst not fun. Anyway, so recently I found out the zayn has been abusing Louis for God knows how long and when I did find out. . .well, that's for Louis to tell. That's all, really, in a nuthsell. It feels worse than it sounds." Doctor Wembly nodded his sympathetic nod, his face contorting to Harry's explaination of our lives.

"Okay," he said, then cleared his throat, "So, you, Harry is bulimic and recvering from cutting, correct?" Harry nodded. "And you, Louis, had a recent suicide attempt, also recovering from cutting?" I nodded. "Is there anything else we need to get out into the open?" I swallowed, looking at Harry, who just kept shaking his head, but the doctor stared at me.

"No," Harry said, shaking his head. He looked at me. I ran my hand over my hip, then looked at Harry. his eyes were still red.

"Yea," I said, looking back and forth between Harry and the doctor. Harry grabbed my hand, squeezing. "I've been, uh," I stuttered, looking into Harry's eyes. My eyes dropped to my lap. "Burning. . ." Harry gasped, jumping onto my lap, hugging me.

"Baby. . ." he said, tears beginning to fall again.

"I'm sorry," i mumbled, still not looking at anyone. Harry lifted my chin, making my eyes meet his.

"I love you. So much," he said, pressing a kiss to my lips. Doctor Wembly cleared his throat. We looked at him. Harry got off of me, sitting directly next to me.

"Would you mind showing us, or just me?" I shook my head, tears begining to sting my eyes. I closed them tight, trying not to let the tears fall. It didn't work. I unzipped my jeans, and pulled them down just slightly, then wiped my eyes. I pulled the hem of my boxers down, revealing round scars and blistering bumps, all from a lighter.

"Wow," Harry said, running his fingers over my skin. It was like a battlefield almost: burnt battle ground from where the bomb hit, killing millions everytime another one striked. I stared at my hip, at all the burns i inflicted upon myself as my tears wetted it. Harry kept his fingers near my waistband, staring at the injuries.

"I can see some are recent," the doctor said.

"Last night," I said quietly, staring at the two red marks rigt below where my pants would be. Harry pointed to them, fingers brushing over. I winced: they still hurt from last night when I did it. I looked at hrry for the first time since I had shown them, his eyes glistning in the newfound sun coming in through the window. He looked into my eyes, not looking away.

"I have something to say, too."

[A/N: This will be the ladt update until Tuesday. Just forewarning you. Okay, enjoy!

-->Feedback?<--

++What do you think Harry has to say?++]