Chapter 2

Itachi leaped onto a building and looked over the village searching for any kind of movement. They had been here for an hour and had only found five survivors so far. Sakura had done exceptional in healing the wounded and helping anyone who was stuck. Sasuke had taken off for the woods not long ago to search for any villagers who had fled the village.

   "I'm not understanding why anyone would do this. This village is so small and looks to have no traces of ninja here. So why target it?" Sakura asked as she joined him on the building.

   "Either someone here pissed off the wrong person or the group is targeting small villages to prove their strength. In reality, if it is the second one, they only look weak in the eyes of everyone else. They obviously do not hold the strength to attack a ninja village." Itachi said.

   "I'm hoping we will be able to figure this out." Sakura said. 

   Itachi said nothing in return. The only way to figure this out is to either find someone who can tell them what happened or to find the group its self. 

   Sasuke ran through the woods as fast as he could. His sharingan searched for any sign of life nearby. He had found small groups of footprints leading away from the village. Each set ran in a different direction. He had followed one set for some time now. Sasuke heard a noise behind him and turned to look in that direction. A kunai zipped by his head and landed in the tree. 

   "You are one of them aren't you?" Sasuke heard a voice say. 

   "One of who?" Sasuke asked, hoping to pry some information from the person. 

   "The group who attacked our village. The Thunder Rogues." The voice replied. 

   "No. I am not one of them. I am a ninja from Konoha. We were sent to help your village. I have two others with me. One is a healer if anyone needs healing. Is there anyone with you?" Sasuke asked. 

   "Yes. Many of us took off in this direction. A few more ran in other directions." The person said. 

   "Can you get them to return to the village? There are people who can help you. We can't help who we can't find." Sasuke said. 

  "I can try. They would probably feel better about you coming to us. They are afraid to come back to the village." The voice said.

  "Do you know why they attacked the village" Sasuke asked. 

  "No. They came from out of nowhere. We are just a trading village. They were ransacking houses and destroying the houses that held no worth. None of us own anything of value." The voice said.