Chapter 11

Sakura placed the tea cups on the table for Ino and Hinata. The two girls had come to Sakura's to catch up and talk about what happened on the mission. 

   "You really saved his life you know. Shisui hasn't stopped telling me about it. Every day I hear him tell me that he was so glad you were on that mission." Ino said as she picked up her cup.

  "It's nothing really. I was just able to see the attack before Itachi did. I'm pretty sure that is why we are sent out on teams." Sakura said modestly.

   "S-Sakura, had you not been there, Itachi would be dead right now." Hinata interjected. 

  Sakura rolled her eyes and sat down on her favorite chair. She crossed her legs and relaxed. 

  "Sakura, did anything happen with you two when we separated to do patrol?" Ino asked.

  "Sakura's eyes opened wide and she spat her tea all over the place at her question.

  "Where on earth did that come from Ino?!" Sakura asked, a blush stained her cheeks pink. 

  Ino laughed at the way her face turned red so quickly.

   "So something did happen. You can't lie to me Sakura. I saw the way you guys looked at each other." Ino said before sticking her tongue out at Sakura. 

  "Even if something did happen, Ino. He hasn't been to see me since he dragged his brother over here to half ass apologize. Even when he was here, he avoided all eye contact with me and was very formal. I was wrong to believe anything that was said on that mission." Sakura said. 

   Sakura placed her cup on the table and made her way to her room. She wanted to avoid any conversation about Itachi. He had flip flopped to many times. First he tried to kiss her, then he avoids her, then he actually kisses her and apologizes for avoiding her, and then they come back home and he avoids her again. 

   Shisui smacked Itachi on the back of the head. 

   "Are you really that stupid, Itachi? You kiss her and then you are avoiding her again? I am so thankful Ino called me for that conversation. I heard it straight from Sakura's mouth. You are a fool, just like your brother. Get it together!" Shisui yelled. 

  "I have it together, Shisui. I am to marry Izumi in a few weeks. It is my father's orders. There is nothing more that I can do. Trust me, this is hurting me just as much as her. He had waited for me to come home to let me know he had decided my future for me and that it was settled." Itachi said.