Chapter 30

Sasuke glared at his father as he prepared to give his full statement. He had investigated everyone on the list, and just as he thought, no one had seen or heard from Sakura or Itachi. His father obviously didn't look to happy about none of his finest officers had even came up with a trace of that girl. His brother had covered their tracks quite well. It would be quite awhile before they even came up with a clue. 

  Sasuke sat at his desk and decided to give Itachi an update. There were a few more officers ahead of him to give their reports as well. He had absolutely nothing better to do while he waited. 

   'Father has yet to come up with any clue about where you both are. He had the entire force search the village for any evidence of you guys leaving or hiding somewhere here. I can tell you that I had the pleasure of questioning Mebuki and Kizashi. They were quite upset that they had no idea their daughter was missing. It is better that way. I didn't tell them about anything, in case you wondered. It is better that they have no clue for when this whole thing gets ugly. Mother misses you a lot and even she has no idea father plans on killing you for this plan. It sickens me, elder brother. I can't even fathom why he would think about killing his own son, but he would kill everyone he loves to make this work out. Please stay safe, both of you. 

                                           S.U'

   Sasuke slipped the note into his pocket and walked to his father's office. The last officer had left a few minutes prior and his father looked furious. He probably thought the entire force was nothing but buffoons. He slipped into the office and stood at his father's desk. 

   "I hope you have some information for me, Sasuke." Fugaku said as he looked up at his son. 

   "I do not. No one has seen or heard from either of them. Thank you for allowing me to be the one to update her parents. Even they were shocked to learn she hasn't been working after all. Sakura had been picking up extra shifts at the hospital but no one has seen her since she vanished. I am sorry, father." Sasuke stated. 

   "I expected more from you, son. I want them found." Fugaku stated. 

   "You want them found so you can lock her up for life and murder your eldest child to keep your prescious surrogate locked away." Sasuke stated, anger evident in his words. 

   "Do NOT question my motives here! You do not understand any of this." Fugaku said.

   "I understand enough to know that this is wrong. What I don't understand is why no one in this clan understands why they are hated in this village. You pull stunts like this to further your own strength but yet do nothing to strengthen the village. It is absolutely disgusting. I know what this plan is for, you can not fool me." Sasuke said, turning towards the door, "I am done having anything to do with this except to find my brother and Sakura. I will not help you pull this off any longer." Sasuke stated as he walked out of the room. 

   Sasuke turned to look at his father, "I will keep learning from you but I will no longer help you look for them. I just can't do it. I will not be apart of the reason why our clan is hated and separated from everyone else in the village."