Chapter 10

The man grunted as he hit the stones behind him. He was lucky. Had she hit any harder, the force would have killed him. Itachi looked at Sakura wide eyed.

   "I am not weak. I refuse to stand by and watch as the people I care for fight! Lady Tsunade gave me the strength to fight and I fully plan on ushing this strength!" Sakura yelled. 

   "Wow pinkie, I am beyond lucky you didn't hit any harder." 

   "What is your name?" Itachi asked.

   "Yuro. Yuro Hashiki." The man responded. 

   Itachi finally had time to take notice of the man's similarities to himself. No wonder Sakura recognized him, the scar above his right eye was not something anyone could forget. 

   Yuro readied his katana and lunged towards Sakura. Sakura had enough time to duck and punch him in his chest. Sakura ran to catch up to his flying body and land multiple more blows to him. 

   Itachi followed suit and began weaving signs. 

   "Fire Style: Pheonix Flower Jutsu." 

   Sakura had enough time to move back towards Itachi as a volley of fire balls attacked Yuro's body. Sakura panted as she tried to regain her chakra she had used up attacking Yuro. 

  "Itachi! Sakura!" Shisui yelled as they made their way to where the couple were standing. 

  "Shisui! Ino! Did you and the rest wipe out everyone else?" Itachi asked. 

   "Yes, Shisui and I met up in the cave. Everyone else are still fighting but no one really put up much of a fight." Ino responded.

   "You guys win this time. We will come for you though. This is just one of the many hideouts of The Thunder Rogues!" Yuro yelled as he disappeared into a cloud of smoke. 

  Sakura sighed as she finally hit her bed. Tsunade had them placed on a mission hold until the group came back. Everyone on that mission was placed on high alert and was to respond immediately when the group made their move.  Sakura gathered her blanket and placed it over her body. 

  'I should have showered first, but I am just so tired.'

   A knock on the door woke Sakura up from her nap. She groaned as she got up from her bed and headed for the door. Sakura peaked through the hole in the door and noticed Itachi and Sasuke on the other side. Sakura opened the door and glared at Sasuke. 

  "I apologize for the intrusion Sakura. Sasuke here wanted to apologize to you for his behavior on the mission." Itachi stated, avoiding eye contact with her. 

   "Are you sure he's doing this of his own free will. It's been brought to my attention that apologizing to me and getting an acceptance of such apology is the only way to get back on his missions. I do not believe for one second that he wanted you to escort him here to apologize to me, Itachi. I will not accept such a selfish attepmt at an apology." Sakura said. 

  She noticed Sasuke's eyes flash with glee. She knew he would never have brought someone along with him to apologize. She knew he would never apologize of his own free will. 

  "Such an apology is a perfect example of your brother's horrendous behavior. I know him to well than to actually believe he would ever apologize for his behavior. Good bye Itachi." Sakura said as she slammed the door in their faces. 

   "I told you she would never believe this. Had I come alone I may have had a chance brother." Sasuke spat. 

   "After your behavior towards her in the mission, I will not allow you to be alone with her. I do not trust you. I do not need you doing something to make her mad and her injuring you again or you just doing something to her that you shouldn't." Itachi said angrily. 

  Sasuke rolled his eyes and walked away from her door. He had no intention of ever apologizing to her. What he had said was the truth and he would not take that back. 

  "You know, Sasuke, had you seen her in the battle we had then you would definitely change your mind. She was capable of fighting the groups leader, Yuro, without any help from me. She had noticed him coming to attack me before I even did. Without her, I would be dead right now, little brother." Itachi said as he walked out of the building with him.