Chapter 16

Sakura had not responded to anything he had said. All she could do was look at him. 

  "Sakura? Are you really that surprised?" Itachi asked. 

   "You're not marrying her?" Sakura asked, her eyes still wide. 

  Itachi chuckled softly and walked over to her. 

   "No, I turned him down on all of it. I do not want to be forced into marrying someone, especially her. I declined taking over for him and everything. I don't want any of that." Itachi said. 

   "Do you have anywhere to stay? I am sure he threw you out, right?" Sakura asked, forgetting everything he had said before. 

  "He did and no I do not. I will figure it out though. I am sure someone would let me crash on there couch for a few days until I find my own place. Of course, I would hardly be there to begin with. I have been taking alot of missions lately." Itachi stated, secretly hoping she would let him stay with her. 

  'Let him stay with you Sakura. He turned his father down for you.'

  Sakura stayed silent for several minutes. Itachi had sat down beside her. The silence began to bug him. 

  "You can stay here." Sakura stated while facing the floor, attempting to hide the blush staining her cheeks. 

  Itachi sighed a breath of relief at her words. He smiled softly and pulled her in for a hug. 

 Izumi screamed when she heard the news from Itachi's father. He was turning her down? 

   I am sorry, Izumi. There was nothing I could do. He had made up his mind. The only thing I could do was disown him. He is only an Uchiha by name and skills. He is no longer allowed in the compound. He is on his own." Fugaku stated. 

   Izumi glared at the elder man. 

  "Is there any specific reason he decided to back out from the deal?" Izumi's father asked. 

  "He never agreed to it in the first place. He was on a mission when we made and agreed to the deal. He felt it was an invalid marriage due to him not agreeing before he was signed." Fugaku stated. 

  Izumi stood up and ran out of the room. How dare Itachi not want to marry her. 

  'I will change your mind, Itachi. You will marry me one way or another.'