Chapter 12

Sakura glared at Sasuke. Why had he not left her apartment yet? 

  "Why have you not left yet?" Sakura asked. 

   Sasuke smirked and stepped closer to Sakura. She backed away until she hit the wall. 

  "Just because my brother and I don't love you, doesn't mean we can't have some fun, huh?" Sasuke said smirking, obviously toying with her. 

   "No, Sasuke, I want you to leave. You need to leave my house now." Sakura commanded.

   "I'm not so sure I want to, Sa-ku-ra." He said, her name dripping from his lips like poison. 

   "I know for a fact you are not deaf, little brother. She wants you to leave so I advise you listen to her." Itachi commanded. 

  Sasuke shrugged and left the house. His plan had worked. 

  "Why are you here, Itachi? Don't you have a bride to go home too?" Sakura asked. 

   Itachi stared at her wide eyed. He hadn't told her about that yet, who had told....Sasuke.

  "What did he tell you Sakura?" Itachi asked. 

  "You are getting married in a few weeks. He said you had known for a few months now. Why did you kiss me and act like you liked me if you knew you were getting married?" Sakura asked, tears spilling from her eyes. 

  Itachi sighed and pulled her into him. His arms closed in around her and he laid his head on hers. 

"I didn't know, Sakura. My father just told me this morning. There is nothing I can do. It is not something that can be revoked so easily. I wanted you so much. Hell, I still do. I don't want to be married to the woman he has me lined up with. I am the heir to the Uchiha Clan. I am to be married to someone from within that clan." Itachi said to her, his arms still around her. 

  "Can't you just decline the position? There has to be something you can do." Sakura exclaimed. 

   Itachi sighed, he could clearly hear the pain and urgency in her voice. She wanted him as much as he wanted her. 

  "I have been looking into it, Sakura. I can't promise anything will work out the way we want it to though. I will do the best I can to avoid this. If I decline the position then their would be no heir within my family bloodline like there has been for many years. My father refuses to give it over to Sasuke, he is to immature for this kind of responsibility. He would severe the peace between the Uchiha and the village. The Uchiha can not afford that kind of problem. The village also could not withstand that happening." Itachi explained. 

  Sakura placed her head further into his chest. Tears were still spilling down her face. 

  "I am sorry, Sakura. Had I known this was going to happen then I would have kept my feelings to myself. I never would have drug you into this. I am going to try to fix this." Itachi stated. 

  Sakura nodded and removed herself from his embrace. They both jumped when a person burst their way through her door. 

  "Sakura, Itachi, Tsunade has requested you in her office. It is urgent." The ninja stated. 

  Sakura nodded and ran into her room. She slipped out of her clothes and put on her ninja uniform. She pulled on her black tight pants and slipped her ninja boots on. Her top had changed every few years. This one was no different, this was her first time wearing it.  Her shirt was a tight fitted top that cut down her chest a considerable amount. Her white circles went down the back of the shirt. She slipped on her pouches on her thigh and tied up her long pink hair. As soon as she had changed she made her way to Tsunade's office. 

   Itachi had not taken his eyes off her the entire time Tsunade was informing them of the current situation. She had wore a more conservative outfit on their last mission. Tsunade had allowed the original team to be sent and including a few others, that included Sasuke. 

  "The Thunder Rogues are making their way to Konoha. We are to be extra vigilant in keeping them away as long as we can. Other teams will be joining us soon. We need to keep this contained. I am going to assign partners. Stay with your partner no matter what. We need to split this group up. We will not defeat them on our own if they are clumped together." Itachi stated as they finished gathering their supplies. 

  "I want myself, Shisui and Sakura one on team. Ino, Shikaru, and Sasuke on the other team. Choji, Hinata and Neji on the other team. Each team has a healer, utilize them if needed. Do whatever you have to do to keep the group away from the village." Itachi commanded. 

  Sakura smiled as she watched Itachi assign the teams. He knew what he was doing when he was assigning them. 

  The teams nodded and headed off in separate directions. 

  "Sakura, do not engage Yuro unless I tell you to, do you understand?" Itachi asked, "I will not risk him doing you any damage." 

  Sakura nodded in agreement and continued on. 

  'I will only engage if necessary, Itachi. I won't lose you to him.'