Chapter 1 - Catastrophic Beginning

"Sure is convenient for us to cross realms from time to time," Leighton said as they waited by the beach for the lunar gate to open.

"Well, that being said by the son of the king, isn't really a big deal." Kieran replied, arms flexed from behind his nape.

Soon enough as the moon's light reflected the water, a bright light appeared from the reflection and the two started walking towards it.

"Its about time," Leighton casually said as they walked on the waters. Kieran was quietly keeping up with Leighton, not saying a thing.

The bright light engulfed them and was submerged into the water. When the light subsided, what they saw devastated them.

"What the hell......"

"Where are we? Is this Aerstelle? W-what happened?" Kieran was lost in his own thoughts when suddenly, a loud explosion resonated the place. It came from the royal palace, which they hurriedly went to.

Upon their arrival, they encountered numerous dark wizards battling the royal guards.

"Eridanus! Grant me power." Kieran said, and a shaft of blue light appeared on his palm in a shape of a cylindrical handle. Kieran extended his arms and a shining water came out of the handle. He used this as a whip and lashed it out onto the dark wizards.

"Incendio!" Leighton casted out a series of fire balls onto the dark wizards which incapacitated them.

"My father should be in the throne room!" shouted Leighton who was by then shooting fire at the enemies.

"Whoever the enemy is, I'm sure they're after the king. Let's go!" Kieran said as he whiped the enemies that stood his way.

When they arrived at the throne room, they saw the king fighting the leader of the dark wizards who attacked the palace.

"Vendecliffe? W-what are you doing?" Kieran asked as he stared at their old friend, who was by now enveloped with dark magic.

"Ahh, so the bastards finally arrived, eh?" said Vendecliffe as he played with dark fire on his hands. Suddenly, Vendecliffe threw the dark fire at Leighton but Kieran was quick to retaliate.

"Adamant Whale, Cetus!" Kieran made a barrier of water to protect them against Vendecliffe's fire. Not a second after, Leighton  jumped high and landed powerful punches at Vendecliffe who was by then astounded by Kieran's  magic.

"You're using ancient Celestial Magic! But it was considered a myth?! How the heck could you use that?!" Vendecliffe exclaimed throwing balls of dark fire at Kieran.

"Circle Blitz!" Leighton came attacking Vendecliffe with bolts of lightning. "How did you end up using dark magic?"

"So you did develop Elemental Magic by yourself. I must say, I didn't expect you two to be this strong." Vendecliffe smirked as he dodged Leighton's lightnings. Meanwhile, Kieran tend to the wounded king.

"King Cashmir, are you okay? How did things end up this way? We were only gone for two days but..."
"Listen, Kieran..." the king interrupted. "Dark magic has infiltrated the kingdom. Not long enough Vendecliffe will cover this world with darkness. You must cleanse this world and bring back its purity."

"Incendio!" Leighton kept throwing fire balls at Vendecliffe. A series of exchange of attacks were thrown at each other dealing damage to both.
"Darkness Stream!" Vendecliffe created a whirlpool of dark magic that hit Leighton head on. He was then thrown away, piercing through walls and destroying it in the process.

"Leighton!" Kieran exclaimed as he watched his friend being hurt by the enemy. Enraged by this, he attacked Vendecliffe and threw powerful punches and kicks. Vendecliffe summoned a flurry of dark monsters that attacked Kieran. Vendecliffe laughed like a lunatic as he watched Kieran getting beaten up by the monsters and thrown into the air, and still being attacked.

"Rock Tomb!" A series of boulders by Leighton hurled at  the monsters and onto Vendecliffe, destroying the monsters in the process.

"Why, you bastard!" Vendecliffe exclaimed but was horrified to see Kieran in an offensive stance. When he looked up, he saw a linear of light that turned into magic circles.
"When did you draw...."

"I had it while the monsters were attacking me." Kieran said.
"In just that span of time you managed to..."

"Now, be judged by the seven stars. Grand Chariot!" Kieran folded his knee to the ground and extended his palm onto the floor. Suddenly, the magic circles in the sky turned into a storm of white light that  poured down on Vendecliffe, dealing him heavy damage.

"Terra Himmels!" Leighton stretched his arms on either side. His right hand facing Vendecliffe while the left hand at his back. A  magic circle appeared on his right hand and wind  started to cascade through, creating a blinding wave of light that engulfed Vendecliffe. After the immense damage he received from the two, Vendecliffe managed to barely stand up.

"T-this.... T-this isn't o-over yet.... If you think you've won, guess again. At t-this moment, the darkness that was with me will slowly eat up this world until n-nothing is left but a cold dark world. I will come back..." was his final words before he vanished into thin air.