Chapter 9 - Worst Enemy

Kieran and Ellaina teamed up against the twins of darkness, Lucy and Helios. Meanwhile, Lin Woo, Leighton and Mina tend to the king who was currently being attacked by dark wizards.

"Incendio!" Leighton casted a series of fire balls at the enemies.
Jin Woo and Mina attacked the enemies as well, with their respective magics.

They were all busy fighting the dark wizards when suddenly, they all vanished before them.

"T-they're gone," Mina said.

"That's it? Where did they go?" Jin Woo asked.

The king approached Leighton, who was by then delighted to see his father. "Leighton, I'm glad you're all okay. I was worried that....." the king's words were cut off when someone from behind attacked him with dark magic.

The king fell to the ground after the hit, obviously dealing heavy damage. Leighton was quick to tend to him, while Mina and Jin Woo find the culprit.

"Father!....No, please stay with me.... Please..." Leighton begged as he watched his father cough blood.

"Alright, come out!" Jin Woo shouted, pertaining to the attacker.

Suddenly, someone came laughing from the dark. "I didn't know killing the king was so easy. I wonder why Master Vendecliffe was having such a hard time dominating this kingdom," the attacker said.

"Who are you? You intend to fight us all? Three versus one, don't you think you're at a disadvantage?" Mina said to him.

"My name, miss gorgeous is Xeron. The master of reflection. Actually, I don't care whether you're many or not. That just adds to the thrill. The exciting part is yet to come" Xeron said before raising his left palm onto the three.

Suddenly, dark light emanated Mina, Jin Woo and Leighton's bodies and they were all in pain.

"Aaahhh!" the three shouted as ark shadows slowly come out of their body, as if being forcefully pulled. When what seemingly look like dark shadows finally came out of their body, they all fell down to the ground.

Leighton looked at Xeron and was horrified at what he saw. "No...way..." was all he could say as he look at exact copies of them by Xeron's side.

"Lady Mina, Prosecutor Jin Woo and Prince Leighton, I would like to introduce you to Mina, Jin Woo and Leighton," Xeron said as he commanded the dark versions of the three.

"Meet your worst enemies..... yourselves," he said as he laughed like a lunatic and the dark versions of them attacked them one by one.

In just a snap, Dark Mina was in front of Mina and delivered a blow right at her, sending her crashing to the rubble.

"Mina!" Jin Woo was about to help Mina when his dark copy grabbed his head and smashed it to the ground.

"Jin Woo!" Leighton said and he didn't notice his dark version went behind him and attacked him. "Circle Blitz!" his dark version said and lightning struck Leighton that dealt heavy him damage.

"Hahaha! You're all pathetic! You're no match against yourselves!" Xeron said as he just watch the three lying on the ground.

Struggling to get up, they approached one another.

"They're s-strong, huh..." Mina said, holding her left arm which was injured from the assault earlier.

"W-we can't lose," Jin Woo said as he catches his breath.

"They're just fake copies of us. W-we're the real ones. Our powers should surpass theirs," Leighton said. From the looks of it, it seems that the three have already taken enough damage.

Suddenly, their evil versions assaulted them once more. Dark Jin Woo head-butted the real one. Though on the defensive stance, the dark version still managed to hurt him. The same goes for the Leighton and Mina.

"I've had enough!" Leighton exclaimed, enraged by the turn of events.

"Fairy Spear!" Mina summoned her spear and her dark copy did the same.

"Steel God, Adamantine!" Jin Woo transformed into his Battle God form, while his copy did the same. Leighton on the other hand, created ball of fire and lightning around him and prepares to attack. Nonetheless, his copy did the same.

"NOW!" Leighton said and they all charged at their enemies. Mina flew up in the air followed by her evil version. The two entered into a spear fight with both sides of equal prowess.
Jin Woo and his copy confronted one another into a fist fight, while Leighton and his enemy are battling with magic.

"Incendio Blitz!" Leighton threw his fire balls and lightning bolts onto Evil Leighton simultaneously. Then, not a second after, he charged at him and delivered powerful blows. His dark copy was just evading his attacks. When he saw an opening, he abruptly charges with power.

"Geyser!" and a powerful water sprouted below his dark copy , dealing heavy damage. Then, he didn't forego another second and attacked him again.

"Elemental Magic, Four Seasons!" he said as he raised his right hand and a blinding shaft of light appeared. It was then covered with elements of snow, wind, earthly rocks and lightning. At full power, he blasted it onto his enemy, who was unable to retaliate. His evil version received the attack head on and incapacitated him.

Meanwhile, Mina was still fighting her evil self in the air.

"Fairy Arrows!" and she delivered countless shining arrows at her enemy. The dark copy of her put on a defensive stance and received the attack. Then Mina charged at her enemy with her spear. It pieced through her enemy's waist and sent her crashing to the ground. Mina raised her spear and pink light came out of the tip.

"Fairy Starlight!" a powerful beam of pink light blasted from her spear and onto her evil version, knocking her unconscious.

Jin Woo, on the other hand, is still fighting his dark copy. He threw an upper cut at his enemy but was quick to evade it. Then, Jin Woo was kicked in his stomach by his enemy.

He took a few steps backwards and held onto his stomach.

"Ishtar!" Jin Woo transformed into a new Battle God and launched his scythe at his enemy. The evil Jin Woo was slow to cope up with his change of battle god form that he didn't see Jin Woo's attack coming. His scythe slashed through the dark copy's body and blood spilled from  the wound.

"Death Scythe!" Jin Woo attacked his enemy by a slash from the scythe, but the evil one just dodged it.

"You're not getting away," Jin Woo said and again, changed into another battle god.

"Supreme God of the Sky, Horus!" and he sprouted angel-like wings and charged at evil Jin Woo. He cleaved his enemy's face with his hand and smashed it onto Xeron, who was by then fighting Mina and Leighton.

Xeron was unaware of Jin Woo's attack that he was not able to evade. Evil Jin Woo and Xeron came crashing onto the walls, and beating them unconscious.

The three gathered together, barely walking straight. Leighton tend to the wounded king who was still unconscious. Not long after, Kieran came to them with Ellaina on his hands. General Evandro and Duke Lavaridge were also with them.