Chapter 5 - The White Pearl

"You want us to what?" Lady Mina asked as she listened to Kieran and Leighton's explanation. Ellaina came along with them after making a deal to help their kingdom in case Delanotte attacks.

"Sure it is inevitable but as you can see, we have prior commitments in Aerstelle. We hold different ministries. Do you know how many cases and lawsuits I examine everyday..." Prosecutor Jin Woo said but was cut off by Lady Mina.

"...And children I have to handle just for them to study and attend school? Its not that easy Kieran. Unlike you who has an uncle to substitute your place, and the king to do your job Leighton, we do things on our own."
Kieran explained the circumstances and after talking to them, they finally settled down.

"The ritual will soon begin seven days from now. That's one week. Until then, we have to learn to control our magics and unite them as one to be able to summon the white pearl." Ellaina explained to them.

"We're S class wizards, what could happen?" Leighton said.

~BOOM!~

A loud explosion boomed around the place as a huge puff of smoke appeared.

"I-I didn't know fusing magics would be this... hard!" Jin Woo said while coughing from the smoke.

"Gracious! I c-can't take this anymore!" Lady Mina said as she went away from the some in the circle.

The five wizards were practicing on uniting their magics as one, to summon the white pearl but to no avail. Somehow their magics don't match one another.

"Again! We're not stopping until we get this right." Kieran said preparing for another ritual.

"Woah dude, can you please just chill for second? Can't you see we're all exhausted here?" Leighton said as he sat on the grass. They were practicing in the open field in Aerstelle.

"Yeah, Kieran, I think we should rest for a while. We won't do any good if we're exhausted." Ellaina said, massaging her temples.

"Okay, we rest for a while." Kieran said.

"Well that was a quick change of mind," Leighton intervened, obviously teasing Kieran. He was rewarded by a smack on the head by Kieran.

"But, I can't understand. Why won't our magics unite, even if they're all magics of light?" Kieran suddenly asked.

"Perhaps the problem is not with our magic but with us. Our magics may be one but we, ourselves aren't. In fact, we barely know each other. I just met you guys two days ago, and you three only know each other through work. Look at it, Kieran starts the ritual by releasing Celestial Magic. Leighton follows by releasing Elemental Magic. When your magics fuse together, it turns out just fine, Jin Woo and Mina combines their magics which are Battle Gods and Fairy Magic. The two manage to combine it too just fine, but when your combined magics fuse together, the problem arises and I can't seem to get a hold of it." Ellaina explained.

"Your magic is the final piece in the ritual. The Sky Light should envelope the four magics and altogether we cite the incantation." Leighton added.

"Yeah but unless we get to know everyone better, we won't accomplish the ritual. We have to know our strengths, weaknesses and limitations in this ritual." Ellaina said seriously.

"Why don't we try to know the nature of our magic and explain it to everyone so we'll all know how to handle it properly. During the ritual, all magics will pass on each other so we should kearn how to handle each of our powers, " said Mina who just arrived with a basket of sandwiches. Jin Woo followed with a set of blanket.

"Let's discuss it over a picnic," Jin Woo happily said.

The five wizards gathered around and introduced their own magic. "I master the art of stars. Celestial magic is magic from the universe. The constellations are what drives my magic. It is a brilliant light that will shine away the darkness." Kieran said after explaining his magic.

"Elemental magic's secret lies in the adaptability. I've always learned how to stand out, but my magic's nature is to blend in. I get my powers depending on the environment I am in." Leighton shyly said.

Mina finished her sandwich before speaking. "Our clan is the descendant of the fairies. Over the centuries, the fairies have watched over our family and have bestowed me their magic. My  magic's strength roots from the strong ties I have with my family. It is magic that has been passed on from generation to generation."

"In our family of lawyers, you must learn to withstand any obstacle. We play the rules in our hands so we play as gods ready to battle out the enemies. My nature is a fierce offense ready to tackle anyone in our way." Jin Woo said.

"The magic of the Sky Light is pure light energy rooted from the white pearl. As the guardians of it, we hold a special connection to it." Ellaina said.

After eating and contemplating on one another's say, they again invoke the right of the ritual. They never stopped until they got the hang of it.

"Today is July 7. And tonight, the moon will shine pure light and that is when we do the ritual." Leighton said.

"To be honest, I'm excitedly nervous. This is the first time I'm ever gonna do this thing." Mina said.

"We all are. But we have to do our best to summon the white pearl." Kieran said.

Moments later, the group was already in the Hill of Light where the ritual should happen. After drawing a giant magic circle, everyone stepped on their places. Ellaina was in the middle surrounded by Kieran, Leighton, Jin Woo and Mina.

"Its time."

" Sound out the heavens. Open the heavens. Pearl of light with the radiance of hope, we, the guardians of light entreat your presence." Ellaina chanted out as the pressure around them slowly building up.

"With the brilliance of the stars, may you see the light towards us." Kieran said before releasing an energy of blue light.

"Learn to blend in to be able to stand out," Leighton extended his hands and released an energy of green light.

"With a powerful offense, comes a sturdy defense." Jin Woo released an energy of red light.

"For strong ties will bond magic in every guise." Mina released an energy of pink light.

The four then focused their magics above Ellaina and combined it together. The stream of light gathered down on Ellaina and remained on her hand.

"By the power of the sky light, I command you to be in our sight." Ellaina released an energy of yellow light that covered the stream of magic.

"BY THE POWERS OF THE GUARDIANS OF LIGHT, WE SUMMON THE WHITE PEARL TO REVEAL ITS TRUE MIGHT!" Everyone chanted out and the whole place emanated extreme light. Soon it faded away and Ellaina was holding the white pearl on her hand.