Chapter 7 - Descendants of Light, Unite!

The moment they stepped into the magic world,  monsters started attacking them as soon as they were spotted.
"Looks like the battle's been going on here for quite some time," Leighton said worriedly as he looked at the surroundings. Royal soldiers battle dark wizards and monsters, with many dead bodies scattered on the ground. They hurriedly went to the royal palace to check things out.

There they saw Vendecliffe sitting on the king's throne like he owned the entire kingdom.

"It's such a fitting place for me, the throne that is." Vendecliffe mocked Leighton as he sat on the throne like an immature child, with both feet on the chair.

"How dare you!" Leighton was about to attack Vendecliffe when an army of dark wizards appeared before them. They were left with no choice but to fight again.

"By the way, I would like to congratulate all of you from advancing so far. Who knew you'd survive the army of dark creatures I sent in the mortal world? That's some spirit you've got there. I guess you never even get tired!" Vendecliffe exclaimed like a lunatic.

Meanwhile, Mina and the rest continues to battle out the dark wizards, but because of their endless number, they won't manage to finish them all off. Soon enough, they felt their bodies slowing down because of exhaustion. Vendecliffe saw this and laughed out loud.

"Hahaha!!! Guess I was wrong. Seems to me that all the battles you had awhile ago are now taking its toll on you! Good luck surviving my minions!" Vendecliffe said before he vanished into thin air.

"Coward! Come back here!" Kieran shouted as he tried to look for Vendecliffe. But he was already gone and Grogaunts started appearing before them.

"At this point, we'll ran out of magic power! They're just too many!" Ellaina said as she blasted a group of gorgaunts with her sky beam.

"Everyone, try to conserve as much magic as you can. We'll gonna have to depend ourselves on our physical strength." Jin Woo said as he threw a series of punches at the dark wizards. Mina held her Fairy Spear and attacked the monsters while Ellaina took a sword from one of the dark wizards and used it to attack the enemies. The boys, on the other hand proceeded with using their fists and legs.

"Ah! Damn it! This has to end! Incendio Combust!" Leighton complained before casting a fire spell onto the enemies. Fire emanated Leighton's body and proceeded an omni-directional attack. The dark wizards and the grogaunts fell one after another as they were taken in by Leighton's spell.

"I thought I told everyone to conserve their magic?" Kieran disbelievingly looked at Leighton.

"Consider it as a sacrifice from the hottest member of our group. Now lets find that delusional king of cowards." Leighton joked around but soon turned serious.

The group arrived at the back of the castle where they saw General Evandro and Duke Lavaridge being assaulted by attackers. At the far end of the courtyard, they saw the king also being under attacked.

"We have to split up and help them!" Mina said to them.

"Yeah, these old dudes can't seem to get the upperhand." Leighton joked around.

"Guys, focus. You guys help General Evandro and Duke Lavaridge. I'll aid the king..." Kieran was interupted by Leighton again.

"...No. You and Ellaina help the ministers while we three help father. Besides," Leighton whispered something to Kieran, "..."I'd like to see how your face turns red when Ellaina's around."

Kieran smacked Leighton's head before the latter jumped up to the second floor where his father was. Meanwhile, Duke Lavaridge was about to get hit with a stream of dark energy when Ellaina confronted the attacker.

"Tempest Shield!" a gust of wind gathered around and protected Ellaina and Duke Lavaridge from the attack.

"Well, well, I see someone worthy of fighting, isn't that right, brother?" the attacker said.

"Lucy, we're not here to play around. Do what you're ordered to do." the man said.

"Its not like I'm gonna lose to this kids or something. Why don't you try to lighten up a bit, Helios?" the woman said back.

"Be careful, you two. They are no ordinary wizards. The twins of chaos were born to destroy everthing on their way. I also sense a great deal of dark magic in their bodies." General Evandro said, pertaining to Kieran and Ellaina.

The twins were fast to attack the two. Kieran was about to get hit by Helios when Ellaina wrapped her arms around Kieran's waist and jumped to the sky, pulling Kieran and evading the attack.

"Kieran, focus!" Ellaina said before releasing her grasp from him.
"U-uh?! Y-yeah..... Damn it!" Kieran seemed to be preoccupied with something, but soon concentrated on their battle.

"Eridanus!" Kieran lashed his whip onto Helios but the enemy simply evaded the attack.

"Outcast!" Helios said before sending Kieran flying over with a powerful wave of dark magic.

"Kieran!" Ellaina shouted and was about to tend to him when suddenly, Lucy appeared in front of her and landed her a blow on her stomach, sending her crashing through the walls.

"Look here, missy. You shouldn't worry about others while fighting me. It might just be the end of you." Lucy tsked as she watch Ellaina struggling to stand up after receiving a powerful blow. Lucy smirked before running to Ellaina and confronting her with a series of punches and kicks. Ellaina, on the other hand, barely managed to evade Lucy's attacks.

Meanwhile, Kieran can't even land a punch at Helios, who was by then starting to mock him of his weakness.

"Hah! So you happen to represent the Magic Ministry? But you're such a weakling. Are everyone from the Magic Ministry as weak as you? Then, I wouldn't doubt it if Aerstelle is so easy to take over." Helios said.

Kieran continued his attempts to land a hit on Helios but to no avail. "Meteor!" Kieran enveloped himself with blue light and his speed went considerably higher so as to land a couple of punches to Helios. But the enemy got a hold of Kieran's neck and threw him away.

Ellaina was having a hard time dealing with Lucy so as she can't deliver a hit onto her. She tries to shoot her with sky beams but Lucy was incredibly fast and in a snap, she was behind Ellaina and got a handful of her hair.

"Aaaahhh!" Ellaina cried out as Lucy grabbed her hair and threw her at Kieran's direction. The two were sent crashing to the ground, but still managed to stand up.

"T-they're... (sigh)... strong," Ellaina said trying to catch her breath.

"Now this really pisses me off..." Kieran's anger evident in his voice.

"With the strength of the Golden Bull, Taurus!" and then Kieran's aura changed into orange and he lashed out onto Helios. Kieran managed to be on par with Helios using Taurus' strength.

"I didn't know I'll have to use this one day." Ellaina said before closing her eyes and prayed.

"Great soul of Lumeria that protects the whole land. Let your unrestrained rage blow. For your power knows no bounds, I offer you this body as a sacrifice to drive away the evil lurking within! O spirit of the Holy Light, E'clair!" then suddenly a magic circle appeared on Ellaina's feet and enveloped her body. Soon, she transformed into an armor of golden and silver.

Her clothes were adorned with designs of the imprint of the holy light. Her head was covered with golden tiara, and was now holding a sword. The armor only covered her breasts, leaving her stomach exposed, and a golden and silver metal skirt that reached the middle of her legs. A pair of golden-silver metal boots on her feet while her hair was made into a braid, leaving only strands on the side of her face.

Lucy only smirked and from her hand, she drew a black sword. The two attacked each other head on, now on par with each other. Kieran, on the other hand continues to land hits on Helios. After a while, the two pairs were at a stalemate, angering Lucy and Helios.