Chapter 10- Out

*Paige*

They asked me to stay at the hospital in Naples for two days so they could keep an eye on my arm- I let them keep me for one before I left. 

Walking into the Miami office in common clothing that didn't brush against my slowly healing forearm was a pain. Especially with all the looks I got. I'd hoped that keeping my hair in a tight bun, guns tied to my waist, my black gloves on, plus my uniform boots and pants would let people know who I was. I was wrong.

It took Tori glaring at everyone who gave me too long glances to get us to the lab that I was borrowing.

"Paige," she said, opening the door for me, "I mean no disrespect, ma'am, but I really think you should be resting."

I walked through the door saying, "I know but I need to check on the magician."

Sitting on one of the counters was Leo, swinging his legs and laughing at something, probably something Kyan had said, judging by where he was looking. My arm may have been infected if that was my initial thought. It was more likely that Leo was laughing at something he himself had said to the disgruntle doctor who was currently leaning over a paper on the counter.

Leo glanced to the other side of the room and smiled at the two of us, waving.

His face fell when he caught sight of my arm, wrapped and cradled to my stomach.

He dropped from the counter rushing over to me, only to be met with Tori's hand stopping him.

"Not a step closer, magician. I don't care if Miss Paige trusts you, but she's been hurt bad enough and I'm here to deal with anything that gives her stress, including you."

I raised an eyebrow at the small girl. Leo chocked back a laugh. Kyan only glanced at me.

"I got the call that you got hurt," the doctor said.

I motioned for Leo to sit on one of the stools in the room. He happily sat.

"You did?" I asked, looking at Kyan while I moved over to the cabinets and grabbed what I needed- a needle and a small roll of gauze.

"Aww," Leo whined quietly, "more needles."

The doctor ignored the magician and nodded instead. "You took me onto your team so naturally I get notified when something happens. I am your doctor. You know that right?"

"Hmm. Your arm."

Leo stuck his arm out for me. I struggled but managed to draw some blood.

"Your other hand," Leo said, "your knuckles are bloody."

"She punched a magician right in the face," Tori answered for me. "Saved my life. She had to shoot the other one, though. I couldn't make the shot."

Leo looked at her with wide eyes. "You almost sound like feel bad for them."

Tori shrugged, the most passive I'd ever seen her react to him. "We got them out of a night club filled to the brim with magicians. If he knew about them, he could've been useful in tracking them down."

I set the handed the needle to Kyan who gingerly set it down.

"I thought you guys weren't supposed to talk to me abo- Would you just let me wrap my own elbow? Come on, Ice Queen, even you aren't this amazing."

I looked at him a second before handing him the gauze. 

"Alright, Paige, give me that arm," Kyan said, moving Leo out of the chair.

"Why?"

"I got the report but I'd like to diagnose you for myself so let me take a look at it."

I let him carefully take my arm.