Chapter 2

Getting ready for school isn't really hard for me. I pick out the usual denim jeans, shirt and black hoodie. Although my hair looks perfectly straight at school, my hair always looks like a tangled mess in the morning. Brushing hard and rough was painful. Eventually I am done with my pathetic hair, so I head downstairs.

This morning I had planned to talk to my dad about the party.

Lexi, my older sister, was already downstairs with my dad. They were sitting in front of the tv, having breakfast. "Morning.." I mumble, making my way to the kitchen. I make the usual toast and butter. The conversation between dad and I is going to be difficult.

As I walk in to the living room, Lexi was walking out. She always knew when I needed to talk to dad about something difficult."So dad...whats new" I already knew what he was going to say.

"The same old, nothing new"

It's true, we live in a simple, average city. My dad's works as a chef, it's helped him alot. When mom died, dad forgot how to look after himself for a year. He couldn't do anything. But when he got employed as a chef, dad soon started to build him self up again.

"Oh okay."

My toast is nearly finished, so I get one of my sisters magazines and casually begin read it. I hate them magazines about fashion, boys, beauty and all girly things.

"Hey umm dad...do you mind if I go to a party this weekend."

This was going to end 2 ways: me not going or dads unhappy consent that I can go.

"Are you going with Rick?" Definitely not a good reaction.

"Yeah, but it's only a small party..so it's fine." Nope, I can't do this.

"Absolutely not. I am not letting you do anything dangerous." Wow, now I have no chance.

"What? Dad please I really want to go. I'm old enough, I'm not this little kid anymore."

"Yeah I know, but your my daughter and I have a duty to keep you safe. Away from them party animals, including Rick" Say what?!

"Dad why would you say that about Rick? He means no harm, he just knows how to have fun! Things got carried away Last Time, that wasn't his fault. That party was bigger than most ones. Stop blaming Rick!!"

"I know he's your best friend and all, but I'm scared things will go wrong. I want to keep you safe."

"Dad I am safe with him. You don't need to worry."

He sighs, giving up, "Okay fine. Promise me you won't do anything stupid and stay with Rick just in case he does anything stupid. Promise me."

"Thank you so much dad. I promise, you can trust me."

"I trust you."

I grab my bag and walk happily to school. I couldn't wait to tell Rick the good news.