Chapter 3

I stand at my locker waiting for Rick. Usually, he's the one that's waiting for me. But I was so excited to tell him, I had to meet him earlier.

Then all the bad things start to run through my head...

What if he doesn't turn up? What if he's ill? What if the party goes wrong?? What if he can't make it? Has this persuasion, with my dad, gone to waste? What if he forgets the promises? What if....

I try and remind my self of the good things. Be positive, Kerry.

Soon after, Rick turns up. His smile is confused and so are his eyes.

"Hee-y, what brings you here so early, birdie" says Rick.

"You know that party you wanted me to go to? Well, my dad said I can come with you!" I say, my mouth starts to hurt from all this smiling.

"Aw awesome! It's gonna be great now" he high fives me eagerly.

As we walk to class, we see these girls staring at us. They're whispering and giggling, it's pretty pathetic.

"Who are they?" Why were they staring, giggling and gossiping? What did they want? Was it me they were staring at or... Rick??

"Oh they're just some girls in my drama class.... They keep staring at me, it's getting kinda creepy now," he says it so casually.

"They're probably waiting to ask for your hand in marriage" I mock.

"What? Are you jealous??" He laughs. Seriously??

"Really? Your as pathetic as they are," I poke him, he backs away laughing at me.

We reach my lesson,"Oh no, them girls are in my lesson", I moan. Rick looks down and chuckles to himself.

"Well then, I hope you enjoy yourself,"

"I most definitely will," I say in my sarcastic tone. We part and go where we should be.

***

As soon as I start to walk out of class, one of the girls that were staring at Rick join me.

Hanging limply on her right shoulder, is a big designer bag with fake diamonds on the handle. She continously twirls her dip-dyed brown hair around her finger, chewing on her pink bubblegum. You could say she looked like your stereotypical 'popular girl', but in reality she was just like most girls, just a popular wannabe. Brown eyes warm like the spring sun, her eyelashes was curled and big to the max.

"Hey, I'm Clarissa but you can call me Clar" she speaks in gently voice, with coat of sweetness almost.

"Umm hey, I'm Kerry."

"Rickys BFF, right."

"Yeah, it's Rick."

"Cool, how long have you known him?" What? Why is she doing this...

"Oh since like 5th grade or something."

"Omg that's so long, so you like know everything about him." What's that supposed to mean?

"I guess so..."

"Umm ok.. so just like out of curiosity is, he single?"

"Uhh, yes..." How more awkward can this conversation get.

"Oh that's cool, I heard he's a bit of a party animal." I have a feeling that she knows I'm going to Rick.So she is probably trying to find a way to keep the conversation going.

I stop talking for a bit and listen to her ramble on. All of a sudden, I am sick of hearing her talk, and her pretending that she is doesn't like Rick, I ask if she likes Rick.