Chapter 12: Psych

Maka's face grew darker, her eyes growing duller. She smiled eerily, her teeth showing.

"Maka?" Tsubaki asked, shining her flashlight on the blonde's dark expression.

"They want you out of the way. Then I can continue, to get away from you." She chuckled as she lifted up her hand, placing the Palm over her mouth. The sound of flesh tearing was quickly followed by a splatter of blood covering the ground at her feet. The red liquid covered her lips before the blood covering her hand turned black, noticeable by the thin light coming from Tsubaki's flashlight.

"Maka, just calm down," Soul attempted to assure her, his red eyes staying firmly gazed on her green one.

The black blood began to form into a weapon, the blade sharp and glistening in the light. She'd been practicing her weapon using before, but she'd never quite got the hang out it. The madness coursing through her veins probably calmed her mind down and influenced the black blood to do her bidding.

"I can only listen to them. Either that or they'll hurt me. It hurts, Soul, to feel what they feel." Her smile faded for a split second before it returned, more vicious than before. "I hope you understand, Soul."

"Maka, stop it."

"I always loved you, but you're just in the way now." Tears brimmed at the tip of her eyes before she rose up her weapon, the blade pointed sharply as she swung it down. Soul dodged it, his face merely inches away. "Stop fighting, Soul."

Soul dodged to the side, looking to Tsubaki. He nodded and she went running, dropping the flashlight.

"Black Star! Kid!" she called.

"Maka, look at me. It's me, Soul." He said, placing his hands on his chest. "I would never do anything to get in the way of something you want to do. I think i've learned that lesson by now."

"They're angry now..."

"Maka--" he fell to the ground, the blade of her weapon swiping at his white hair. He crawled towards her swiftly, his hand wrapping around her wrist. "Maka, listen to me."

Her green eyes were wipe when he jumped back up, his face inches away from her own. Tears spilled down her cheeks as he held her arm at her side, refusing to allow her to attack again.

"Maka, stop this. They aren't real." He heard voices coming closer as Maka began to fight against his grip. "Maka!"

The blonde jerked away, the blade rising up, as if to swing down on him. Before the others could restrain her, she attacked with the weapon. To Soul's surprise, it didn't even graze him.

His eyes widened as blood spilled from his meister's torso. Her own green eyes were wide as she let go of the death threat.

"Soul...?" she asked as if just realizing he was there. Maka looked down at where her wound was, confused. It took a moment before she seemed to remember. "I'm so sorry. I..."

Soul took a step forward and wrapped his arms around her, placing a hand on the end of the blade that stuck out of her back. Maka hesitated before returning the action, her hands gripping at the back of his shirt.

"Maka, it's fine." He kissed her on the forehead before he lifted her up bridal style. "You're hurt and we need to get you back."

"Soul, I can still hear them..." She buried her face into his chest, hiding her tears.

"We'll figure out something. Just rest."

Maka stayed silent when they came across the others, their voices causing her to feel a bit more guilty.

*************************************

Yes, I realize this is the cheesiest way I could have written this. Also, it was surprisingly short. I planned on it being a lot longer, but the words just didn't fit that way, I guess. Anyway, I will probably be finishing this soon, with a satisfying SoMa ending... I hope. Anyway, again, I hope you guys liked it. I will most likely be updating soon.