Chapter 14: Saving

Maka hadn't gotten much better after being locked away in the nurse's office for a couple of weeks. If anything, she began to get worse.

One night, while Kid and the twins were coming to visit, she awoke to only try and claw Kid's eyes out. He was too busy fussing over his asymmetrical face to care that she tried to kill him.

Dr. Stein strapped her to the nurse bed, restraining her. Tears overflowed from her face as she sobbed about them.

Soul was becoming more and more worried about his meister as she laid in the room, begging to be let go.

They finally sent her home, giving Soul the things he could use to help her if needed, when her wailing began to worry the students during the day. She quieted down when she was taken home.

No matter how much Soul begged her to eat or rest, she sat in silence, her eyes the only thing seeming to be on alert.

Maka began to attend school after three months. She did just as well as she did in the past, her reaction to getting a.good grade the only thing that showed of her former self.

"Maka, are you okay?" Tsubaki asked when she noticed her friend looking off to the side, her green eyes glaring coldly at a group of guys in the corner.

They weren't surprised when she ignored the question and approached them, her head cocked to the side. She gazed at the tallest ones, slowly dictating her attention to the shortest one.

"What do you want?" the tall one spat. Her face stayed dull as she shrugged.

Maka stood there silently as the three of them tried to get back into their previous conversation. It took a minute for them to realize who she was.

"Hey, that's Maka Albarn, Denny." the short one said to the one in the middle. "She's the one that got hurt during a job and..." He looked to her and did some hand signals to show what he was trying to say to his friends.

"I'm not crazy." She shook her head. It wasn't what she said or the fact that she spoke that shocked everyone. Her voice was twisted. They could faintly hear something behind her words, something cold.

"Maka, let's get back to class." Soul grabbed her hand, causing her expression to change for a split second. "Maka..."

The blonde hesitated before following him, her eyes looking back to the group. They were already going back to their own lives, ignoring her cold gaze.

*************************************

I apologize for it being so short. I should be wrapping this up soon. :P I plan on it ending really cute.