Paradise Bird In A Cage

Enjoy 💞

=~°•°~=

A paradise bird in a cage. The most wonderful among all others. Its feathers mix orange, red, blue, and violet together. Its feet are slender and tough, its beak is thick and packs a strong punch.

A paradise bird in a cage. He was meant to be free, prancing around plains and bushes back at the comfort of his home. He wasn't meant to fly, but he was meant to stride along the lively green grass.

A paradise bird in a cage. He was trapped within metaphorical metallic bars. He had to do what they told him to do. A prisoner to the world's eyes, thoughts, and touch. He was a prized possession that men have claimed.

A paradise bird in a cage. The world was envious of his beauty. So they started abusing him, plucking his feathers, kicking his feet, and punching his beak. He was alone, scared, and terrified. He had no thoughts, dreams, or a plan for his future.

A paradise bird in a cage. He's all worn out and tired, yet he still works day and night to entertain people. His mind is almost twisted to the things he sees everyday. The photo flashes, all the pens and papers scratching against each other, and the murmuring of people constantly hating him, giving him spiteful messages.

A paradise bird in a cage. He calls out for help, but the hole he was in was within a cave, the cave was within a mountain, and the mountain was underground -- no one could hear him, or maybe they just turn a deaf  ear.

A paradise bird in a cage. He waits for someone to save him, because he knew he was in too deep to save himself. He waits for love to devour him and make him feel alive, somehow, but Prince Charming is nowhere to be seen.

The paradise bird in the cage... is my friend.

Save my friend. Help my friend. Emancipate my friend. He's the world's dime, slowly chipping away... He's breaking, cracking... He's chained... He's chained. Help my friend. Save my friend.

=~°•°~=

I won't take too much of your time and just explain briefly what this poem is about.

Obviously, if you've managed to read everything--congrats if you did (xD)--it's about my friend/s who is/are trapped inside other people's judgements. It sucks that they are in prison, metaphorically, and I guess I have to do something about it soon.

God, help me.

Thank you for reading, Lavies~

Lav y'all~ 💘💕