Chapter 11

"Does anyone else feel like we are being watched?" Adapta asks looking around nervously. She has the lack of privacy for a couple minutes now, after she witnessed a man keeping a steady pace behind their group.

"We are in a city full off humans. I think we stand out." Damian says sarcastically, folding his arms across his chest.

"No she's right. I can feel it, we are indeed being followed, but do not make it obvious that we know we are being watched, they cannot attack us in front of all these people." Ignite agrees telepathically this alerts Hydro, he turns his attention to her.

"How long have they been following us?" Hydro asks urgently in their heads.

"An hour, I needed to be sure if that is what their intentions read." Ignite replies the same way.

"Wait read their intentions?" Damian asks

"Yes, I can tell if someone is planning something bad or good." Ignite briefly explains, Damian shakes his head and rolls his eyes, how many more surprise abilities does this one have?

"So what do we do? The urges are pulling us somewhere, do we go?" Adapta asks

"No, we don't want to risk it, just like we don't want to risk exposure, don't use your powers, don't fight with your powers, hand to hand only." Hydro commands into their minds sending everyone looks.

"Hydro without our powers-"

"Ignite I said no powers" Hydro snaps staring her down, she glares up at him and turns away, walking away from the group.

"Wow, I didn't even think you were capable of snapping at that one." Damian muses

"You want to be next?" Hydro threatens; clearly annoyed. The group begins their walk once more, they continue trying to lose their stalkers; although with little success. Weaving through all the people but trying to stay together. That may very well be the problem, a group of four kids trying to weave their way through human traffic is something hard to miss.

"Split up, meet me up at the park in a couple hours." Hydro demands in everyone's head, Ignite rolls her eyes at the sound of his voice in her head. Everyone else disperses from each other, taking off in different directions. Changling Shape shifts into one of the only person she can, her mother. This way it is almost impossible to be seen. Everyone becomes invisible.

The men following them turn the corner, their eyes bouncing through the crowd trying to find the group of young heroes. They find nothing, a panic rises in each one. Going back to base empty handed never leads to anything but pain.

"Shit" one of them exclaims throwing his hands in the air in defeat. A knot forms in his stomach.

[Back to Octavia]

Octavia sits in front of a vanity mirror, a brush in her hand running through her black curls. Octavia stands from her vanity allowing the bottom of her red elegant dress to fall to the floor.

knock knock

"Enter" She booms the door swings open, a group of Shifters stand before her, pained expressions printed on each on of their faces. Their nerves, high and on edge. One from the back nudges the first, telling him to be the one to tell her the news.

"Miss, we have a bit of a problem" The first says, his voice shaking

"What might that be?" She asks anger welling up inside her. This has been nothing but complications after complications. Eventually it becomes tiresome.

"The red girl, we think she caught onto us following them. Shortly after we started they dispersed, her in the lead." another Shifter says.

"So this girl will be problematic for our plan?" Octavia asks before the shifter could answer Trish made her way through.

"Not at all, we still have a chance to capture them, it would just depend on if you really want all of them." Trish explains

"I want the blonde definitely, her power is one that we can use on our side, the same goes for Tyrone. Is anyone else on that little band of children worth anything?" Octavia sneers.

"Not sure what their powers are. I couldn't get into the other guys head, he seems to have a mental block, along with the little black girl. I couldn't read them" Trish answers folding her arms across her chest and switching the weight onto her other leg.

"So you have no clue what they can do?" Octavia repeats disappointment dripping from her tone. Trish hesitates to answer knowing what punishment awaits once she does.

"No, I do not know what..." she trails off looking down at the floor. A wave of energy shoots from Octavia, throwing Trish into the shifters behind her. Octavia's red lips twist into a frown, her eyes narrowing at Trish.

"You mean to tell me that I have given you all the resources you need and have provided you with the powers that you asked for and you have yet to give me any results. Do you know what will happen if they find me before I can find them? They can destroy me, I have sensed their power and it isn't something I want to feel in real time, so if you have to kill the fire starter to get me what I want then do it" Octavia demands turning her back on Trish and the shifters now struggling to get up.

Trish pants and shakes her head, bringing her hand up to her comm link.

"This is Trish, I need a weapon"