Ch3: The Parrot pirates

Aurora's Pov

A loud horn went off as I hid in amongst the crates with the others. We had just managed to make it onto this ship and get away from Tempest but I was still confused as to why Capper hid me in a corner under a piece of fabric. 'Was he planning on keeping me' I thought to myself as I sketched onto my sketch pad. I had waterproof saddlebags which comes in handy when I'm near water.

Applejack and Rainbow looked through one of the gaps and Rainbow stuck her tongue out in disgust at one point. I just kept doodling whatever was on my mind and when I had finished, it had turned out to be a drawing of Capper. I facehoofed at this and sighed, wishing I could get that backstabbing tom out of my head.

"What do you think Twilight. Should we just ask them to take us" Applejack asked as Twilight lowered the map from her face. "Last time we trusted somepony, he tried to sell us" Twilight replied. I didn't correct her by saying that he didn't try to sell me because that might make Twilight more uneasy or something.

Then the boxes that had been hiding us were lifted and a parrot guy had spotted us. "Hey guys, come check this out" the parrot who picked up the boxes said. "Looks like a pack of stowaway's" another added. "What are we supposed to do with them" a female one asked. A fourth one with a metal beak gave out a loud caw sound.

"I think we tie em up"
"Nah we clip they're wings"
"Nah we scar em"
"Emotionally"

"Wait, wait, wait What say the book Captain Celaeno" The first one spoke, turning to a female with a wooden leg that was holding a book. "Storm king rulebook says throw them overboard" she replied. A rope was pulled and a plank appeared out of the side.

Suddenly a whistle went of and the leader yelled. "Lunch" before we were taken into a room and sat at a table. A bowl was placed in front of me and I don't even know what was dumped into the bowl. I looked at it and hit it with my hoof. "What" Twilight asked as everyone sat in silence while the parrot's ate the food.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. So you were about to toss us overboard and you stopped for a lunch break" Rainbow pointed out as I just kept looking at the food. Twilight leaned forward with a face that looked like it said stop but it was quite funny the way it happened and I was trying to stifle a laugh.

"Storm king only allows one meal a day and its back to hauling goods" one of the parrots replied. "So your delivery guys" Spike asked. "And gals, these uniforms aren't exactly doing us any fathers" Celaeno replied, grabbing onto a bit of her uniform. "Then can you deliver us to mount Aris" Twilight asked, levitating the map and pointing at the mountain.

"Sorry, we do it the Storm king orders or we suffer his wrath" Celaeno replied, picking up the book and placing it on the table. "Right, still going over board" Twilight spoke, putting the map down. "Ahh its nothing personal. Pudding" the other female spoke.

"There's pudding" Rarity asked before more of this stuff was put into a bowl and she sighed. "You weren't always delivery birds were you. What about before the storm king" Rainbow asked. "Yeah, we used to be much more adventurous" Celaeno replied, pulling back a poster to reveal a pirate flag.

"Oh I met that guy in the dessert" Pinkie replied. "Whoa you used to be pirates" Rainbow asked. "Umm we prefer the term swashbuckling treasure hunters" another parrot replied. "So pirates" Rainbow replied. One of the parrots made a bird noise in reply.

Rainbow(Spoken): You birds have a choice to make, You can let some cloven hoofed storm king, tell you how to live your lives or you can be awesome again *Pulls down poster and points at flag*

Twilight(Spoken): Rainbow Dash. This really isn't a good time for a-

Rainbow: I know the world can get you down

Twilight: Song *Face hoofs*

Rainbow: Things don't work out quite the way
The way that you thought
Feeling like all your best days are done
Your fears and doubts are all you've got

But there's a light, shining deep inside
Beneath those fears and doubts
So just squash em
And let it shine for all the world to see
That it is time, yeah, time to be awesome

Everypony(Minus Celaeno, Rainbow and Twilight):
Ah, ah, ah, ah, awesome

Its time to be so awesome
Ah, ah, ah, ah awesome

Its time to be so awesome

Celaeno:
You've no idea how hard its been
This dull routine we've been forced to do

Rainbow:
Don't let them rob you of who you are
Be awesome its all up to you

Celaeno:
I feel the light, stirring deep inside
Its like a tales still yet to be told

Ponies and Celaeno:
And now its time
To break the shackles free
And start living like
The brave and the bold

All:
Its time to be awesome
Let loose, be true -so awesome
Its time to be so awesome
Go big, be you -so awesome

Mullet:
We used to soar through
The clouds in the sky

Lix Spittle:
Elaborate schemes we would
Love to demise

Boyle:
We rescued our treasure
And stored it away

Captain Celaeno:
Saving those gemstones for
A rainy day!

All(Minus Twilight):
We see the light
Filling up our skies

Rainbow:
So take the Storm King's
Orders and toss em

All(Minus Twilight):
'Cause its the time to let
Our colours fly

Celaeno:
Hey scallywags, its time
To be awesome

All: Hey(4x)

"Come on let's show these little ponies how its done" Celaeno called as I adjusted the head band on my head. The guys pulled on some ropes and beautiful coloured feather like wings came out of the side of ship as I looked at them in awe. "So colourful" I spoke, entranced by the colours.

"Awesome. I knew you had it in you ad now for the finishing touch" Rainbow spoke as she flew up into the air at a super fast speed. "Rainboom. Rainboom" Pinkie cheered. "No way. She's going to do a sonic Rainboom" I spoke in excitement.

I didn't listen to what ever Twilight was muttering as she took her hat of and then it happened. The sonic Rainboom. It was gorgeous. I looked down to see what it would look like, reflecting in my emerald when I was shocked to find that it wasn't there.

"No this can't be happening" I spoke, looking around in an attempt to find my emerald. "What's wrong" Celaeno asked as Everypony spotted how worried I was. "You haven't seen an emerald have you. On a necklace" I asked. "No sorry" She replied. "Oh darling you lost your emerald" Rarity asked and I nodded.

I sat down with my ears against my head. 'I can't believe I lost it but where. In the dessert. The town. Capper's house. Its not on this ship that's for sure' I kept thinking. Suddenly a bell went of and Celaeno got us into the bottom of the ship in preparation for being boarded.

Twilight started gathering things together when I heard Tempest talking. Then I heard none other then Capper's voice. He told Tempest where we were heading. I can't believe him. Suddenly, Twilight pulled a leaver and the bottom opened out as all of us fell down.

I spread out my wings, over my saddlebags and used them to stop myself from falling but Twilight pulled me into a box with the others and then turned it into a hot air balloon as we flew towards Mount Eris.